Author Topic: Kiwi - 5yr Old Ex-Breeding Girl at Many Tears  (Read 7750 times)

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
Re: Kiwi - 5yr Old Ex-Breeding Girl at Many Tears
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »
Welcome to COL Jules,
What great news, this little girl has touch so many of us on here :'( :'(  and I am so pleased that she has now got a wonderful new family to love and care for her, :luv:   well done you.
We also adopted a Many Tears girl just over two years ago and she is a darling, please do keep the news of her coming and Pics PLEASE. I would love to put those B........ puppy farmers in one of their own cages and forget about them, give them a taste of what they dish out to these poor dogs >:D >:D >:D
X Val honey and holly

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »
Fantastic news....and welcome to COL  :D
Really looking forward to hearing updates and lots of pics, of course  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
How lovely! Welcome to COL. Really looking forward to pictures of Kiwi thriving in her new home  :luv:

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »
Fantastic news  :luv: congratulations  :blink:

will be lovely to see her on COL

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
you've just made my day :)

thank you so much for helping her out, she touched a special place in my heart too, but was not in a situation to do anything about it apart from wish for a lap for her to sleep on

sounds like she will have that soon

:D

Phil

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
What wonderful news  :luv:
I love a happy ending. I hope your 2 springers will be pleased to have a new member of the family.
From the Darby family

Offline Lilly's Mum

• Lilly and Harvey
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Well done Jules, you are absolutely right about the proud expression on her face, she is a stunner.  :luv:  :luv:  :luv: Please keep us informed about her new name (if she's having one) and her progress. xxx

Offline julesph

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 06:46:50 PM »
Thank you so much all of you for the wonderful welcome.  :D  It is great to know that there are so many people out there who care so much.  

I am also really pleased that some of you have ex-breeding dogs from MT because if possible I would like to ask your advice on how to treat her in the first few days.  Much advice I have read says to basically not overwhelm her with affection and attention to begin with and to let her come to us gradually when she feels confident enough.  Is this the right thing to do?  My guess is that she will be really terrified and will just want to find a safe place to cuddle down.

We also have other animals and are wondering if she will be aggressive with or frightened of cats / hens.  We have dealt with a few angry, traumatised Springers in our time, some of whom have been keen on cats for dinner but they always get there in the end - just patience and love seems to work.  We have never had a dog who probably has never even felt the sun on her fur or had a cuddle though and we are wondering what we can expect. It makes me angry and sad to think of her life at the farm.

Thanks again for all of your kind words - we cannot wait to get her here to start the rest of her life.
jules

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »
Fantastic news  :luv: congratulations  :blink:

will be lovely to see her on COL
What she said  ;)  Well done you - please keep us updated with her progress - we love a happy ending  :luv: :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
Awww that has really choked me up  :'(

Big big Congratulations and well done, and Welcome to COL  :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
I really can't say how she will react to being in home as they all adapt differently, some are petrified and there are those like Remy to took everything in her stride as settled in really straight away. Others that I've fostered for them have been scared of there own shadow virtually, you just have to play it day by day.  Has the centre given her chance to see a cat to see how she reacts. They will if you ask ;)

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »
If any dog deserved a loving home this one did - she made my eyes leak badly when I saw her on MT web-site.  We adopted Rio nearly two years ago and we don't regret a single moment - he has given us much more than we could ever give in return - Bless you
Lu

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »
I think you are wonderful, as I do everyone who gives one of these poor dogs a forever home.  It is going to be so lovely seeing how Kiwi blossoms now all she will know is love and happiness.

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
This little girl's face broke my heart and I am so pleased to see she will now have her forever home  :luv:
Bless you Jules for adopting her and wishing you all the best.

We too adopted an ex breeding girl from MT, and as has been said, they all react differently. Smudge's natural curiosity helped her adapt, but 3 years on she's still wary of close human contact (so no cuddles), and if a newspaper is on the floor she thinks that's where she should be   :-\   But she does have so much personality now :luv:
Having other dogs does help them to learn (esp norty habits  :005:), and it may take some time before she learns to trust you, but it will be so worthwhile.
One thing we now wish we'd done was to keep a diary of progress, week by week (inc photos).

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 07:18:18 AM »
I am so pleased someone who obviously loves and knows dogs has taken this poor girl in to their heart and home. :luv:
You can see that she has suffered so much in her little life. I am sure things will be scary for her at first living as a "normal" family pet :'( :'( but hopefully she will soon feel she has died and gone to heaven  :luv: