Author Topic: Scrumpy at MT: 11-month-old blue roan girl  (Read 12175 times)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
Re: Scrumpy at MT: 11-month-old blue roan girl
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »
Thats great news  :luv:

Will be thinking of you tomorrow  :blink:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow, ;)  i have fingers and the boys have their paws crossed that Scrumpy can join you and Rufus at home asap  :luv: :luv:

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline mcphee

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
Sorry to disappoint everyone. Sylvia says Scrumpy is not the dog for me because her condition is so bad she will need an experienced dog owner or it could cost a great deal to get her well, and would worry me too much. Luckily I got through again before I travelled. She does not think I should have a puppy farm dog either, but would consider me for other dogs. Wish the other person had said so this morning, and I would not have got so excited. Hope she finds the right person soon.
Never mind. Back to the drawing board. I may go for a cocker puppy.

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »
Am so sorry to hear that  :-\ did she say why you werent suited to a puppy farm dog?

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »
Oh that's a shame, also it's a pity the other person got your hopes up and arranged the meeting. :-\

What about Jarvis on the rescue pages? He seems to be a lovely boy. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
Oh thats a shame - at least you found out before you met her, it would then have been even harder!

I hope the right dog or puppy comes your way very soon!

xxxx

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »
What a shame - but I am sure the right dog will come your way soon.  Please try not to be too downhearted  :-*

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2009, 05:19:36 PM »
I know you must be feeling very sad and disappointed right now :'( but I am a great believer in fate and that some where there is one very special dog waiting just for you at this moment to :luv: and also a soul mate (owner) for little Scrumpy.
Sadly we can't always see the greater picture ph34r which makes is harder I'm sure that it won't be long before we will be seeing on COL that you have found that special cocker baby.

Offline mum2milly

• Inactive
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »
I know you must be feeling very sad and disappointed right now :'( but I am a great believer in fate and that some where there is one very special dog waiting just for you at this moment to :luv: and also a soul mate (owner) for little Scrumpy.
Sadly we can't always see the greater picture ph34r which makes is harder I'm sure that it won't be long before we will be seeing on COL that you have found that special cocker baby.

Beautifully put.
Sorry it wasn't to be.

Love Jo & Milly xx

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

ditto. Could not have put it better.
Fingers crossed for your future addition, wherenever or wehrever they come from :D
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
Awww I am really sorry that you got your hopes built up, but I too am a great believer in fate it obviously wasn't meant to be. I am a little annoyed on one point though, why on earth should she make an assumption that you shoudn't give your home to a puupy farm dog/puppy on what basis did she come to that assumption ph34r. Over and over again on here you have people dissuading people from breeding as there are too many pups in rescue etc, but as far as op is concerned it looks like her only avenue is a well bred pup. She wants to rescue but is not deemed suitable, from her earlier posts she sounds like she ticks all the boxes. I may be shot down in flames here but I know the rescues need to find the right home but sometimes I do wonder wether the 'perfect ' home actually exsists. This sort of thing puts well meaning and caring people off attempting to get a rescue ::) Good luck in your search whichever route you take ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
To be fair, Sylvia said she'd be happy to rehome non puppy farm dogs to her. This little one does sound like she's a bit of a mess, so on balence not perhaps the right one - the OP practically said that herself. Mcphee said she'd worry too much.

So, come on COL, is this little one's new home with one of us?
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
To be fair, Sylvia said she'd be happy to rehome non puppy farm dogs to her. This little one does sound like she's a bit of a mess, so on balence not perhaps the right one - the OP practically said that herself. Mcphee said she'd worry too much.

I think the problem is that Scrumpy needs to find a home with an existing dog. BUT there is no guarantee that the mange is not contagious. So the existing dog may catch it too. Most people I think would be reluctant to adopt a dog that may pass on a very uncomfortable, possibly even painful skin disease, not to mention the expense of having 2 dogs treated for it.

I think once Scrumpy has had some tests to find out what the problem is and whether or not it is contagious, people may be more willing to offer her a home.

Just my opinion  ph34r

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2009, 12:40:53 AM »

I think the problem is that Scrumpy needs to find a home with an existing dog. BUT there is no guarantee that the mange is not contagious. So the existing dog may catch it too. Most people I think would be reluctant to adopt a dog that may pass on a very uncomfortable, possibly even painful skin disease, not to mention the expense of having 2 dogs treated for it.

I think once Scrumpy has had some tests to find out what the problem is and whether or not it is contagious, people may be more willing to offer her a home.

Just my opinion  ph34r

I agree with all you've said Viv. I was commenting on bajoleth saying "This sort of thing puts well meaning and caring people off attempting to get a rescue." I'm guessing that the condition of the little dog was re assessed, and was deemed to be a difficult problem, rather than implying that Mcphee wasn't up to the task. Sylvia just said not this dog and didn't say not any dog.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »
Don't get down hearted that special little cocker will come your way.  I had loads of dissapointments, I was searching from October till the following July, when I came across Breeze, fortunately for me I had the help of 'jaspersmom' & hollyd443 which I was thankful of, all three of us searching whatever we could.

I experienced the same situation with MT, I was sent an email requesting me to contact them about a young cocker, I had shown an interest in, the young lady that answered me first, told me, yes, I was an ideal candidate but I needed to speak to Sylvia, when I managed to contact Sylvia I was told no.

By the time I found Breeze I was full of apprehension, because withthe passing of time I didn't think it was every going to happen. My only advice is keep trying..
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi