Author Topic: Wez, Black 7yr Old Ex Breeding Cocker - Many Tears  (Read 21259 times)

Offline Ecruse

Re: Wez, Black 7yr Old Ex Breeding Cocker - Many Tears
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
I would love to give him a home but with Dylan being still quite little (5 months) and our first cocker, I don't think now is the right time! He is gorgeous tho!

For our second cocker (yes, I'm planning already) we'll look at a rescue, he's come a year or so early!

I really hope he finds a home soon, although I'm sure he's having a lovely time with gorgeouspoppy!
Emma, Dylan and Maggie x

Offline brulee

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
I would definately have him, the only problem for me is he is a 9 hour drive away. and I would have to consider Dolly our 11yr old cocker on a journey that long, she is losing her sight, but he would be a great companion for her. He is the absolute image of our Beau who we lost in July. Dolly is still pining for him. We were turned down for Tia as they wanted to home her with a younger dog.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
I could help getting him further down Scotland if it is any use...
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline sebanelli

• Our gorgeous Harry
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »
We'd definitely be interested in offering him a loving home but...it's an awfully long drive from Plymouth up to Scotland and I'm not sure my five would appreciate it (in fact, I know they wouldn't). If only he was in Wales. :-\
The Fantastic Four: Oliver, Amber, Dylan, and Harry

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »
Anybody wanting to rehome Wez could break up their journey with an overnight stay at a Travel Lodge or similar (which accepts dogs) or take the opportunity to enjoy a short break in a lovely area of Scotland. That's what I would do if I had a long journey ahead. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
Me too, I would make a long weekend of it. I have it all planned for when I win the lottery and I can give up work and whisk Wez away to my house.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
nybody wanting to rehome Wez could break up their journey with an overnight stay at a Travel Lodge

Who happen to have a £12 sale at the moment!!

I am still willing to take him down as far as the border though if necessary :blink:.

Offline brulee

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »
I will speak with my OH tonight, to see if I can persuade him to do the journey or take up the kind offer of getting Wez nearer.

Offline brulee

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »
Spoke with my OH at length last night. He said he is unable to do the journey. (he had a double hip replacement earlier this year) and he said his legs are not up to the journey yet.  :'( We are both so sorry,we would have loved this boy. I really hope he finds his forever home soon.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
I will speak with my OH tonight, to see if I can persuade him to do the journey or take up the kind offer of getting Wez nearer.

I would speak to the rescue 1st though re this as you may find as with most rescues that you have to go and meet the dog as well (in our adoption agreement you have to sign that you are able and will return the dog yourself if anything goes wrong ;)) I know Annie on here had an overnight stay when she came to see Cassie (and Milly when she adopted her 2 years before) as she had a long drive ahead.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »

I would speak to the rescue 1st though re this as you may find as with most rescues that you have to go and meet the dog as well (in our adoption agreement you have to sign that you are able and will return the dog yourself if anything goes wrong ;)) I know Annie on here had an overnight stay when she came to see Cassie (and Milly when she adopted her 2 years before) as she had a long drive ahead.

And the memory of trying to sleep in a Welsh Travelodge with OH snoring one side and Millie snoring even louder on the other will stay with me for ever.  ::) ::) I thoroughly sympathise with your difficulties but I would be rather concerned to have a dog 'delivered' to me. Up until the time we had passed Penny's foster-mum interrogation (and believe me, she makes MI5 look like rank amateurs  :005:) we didn't actually know we would be coming away with Cassie.  It cut both ways.  We had to be confident that Cass and Millie could get on.  After two years rehabilitating Millie (an MT rescue), we would actually have walked away if it seemed likely she would be knocked back by Cassie.  You can't see everything in a morning but you can tell enough to know if it will work or not. (It did ... brilliantly  :luv:) If you simply 'take delivery' you run the risk of having to return an even more confused dog later and everyone will get hurt by the failure.  The other thing is that, although that weekend away is an undoubted strain (it was an 800 mile round trip for us), it is a small investment of time given that you are hoping to spend the next 6-7 years together.  Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »
Wasn't meaning just take the doggie down there and deliver him to whoever...just to help get him down there once all the correct procedures had been followed. :-\

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2009, 10:36:41 AM »
Wasn't meaning just take the doggie down there and deliver him to whoever...just to help get him down there once all the correct procedures had been followed. :-\

Sorry Sheryl - didn't mean to imply that you were doing anything other than being really kind in helping Wez to a clearly loving home.  :'(  I was just trying to point out that there are risks in not meeting a dog face to face first, even after a good home vetting.    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2009, 10:38:48 AM »
Spoke with my OH at length last night. He said he is unable to do the journey. (he had a double hip replacement earlier this year) and he said his legs are not up to the journey yet.  :'( We are both so sorry,we would have loved this boy. I really hope he finds his forever home soon.

am sure there's another dog out there for you
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Tattydi

• Always in my heart Max RIP 21.01.09
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2009, 11:47:10 PM »
Glad im not the only one that has problems with travelling that far,  I really would love to have given wez a forever home :(
Love Diane x

missing my cocker kisses and cuddles :(