Author Topic: Kerri - 4 year old girl at Many Tears  (Read 7486 times)

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Kerri 4yr old ex breeding female cocker MT
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
Oh Jo it so breaks my heart to think what the these poor girls have been through. Thanks for the update its good to know that they are both now safe and very much loved.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »
I can't bear to think that these doggies are treated like puppy machines, and not looked after.  So, pleased that they are being cared for now by a loving and special person.

:luv:  Hope that sore will heal in time.  Poor little mite.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
This little girl has been reserved  :D :luv:
Her potential new owners sound fab and can't be faulted.  Just waiting on homecheck, then they will come + visit her this weekend.  If all goes well she will be starting her new life in midlothian in the new year.  :clapping:

She will have a 3 year old black lab for her new brother. :luv:

xx
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
 i hope the homecheck goes well and she finds her forever home soon, and i hope her poor back is better  :-* :-*
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
i hope the homecheck goes well and she finds her forever home soon, and i hope her poor back is better  :-* :-*

Me too  :luv: & well done gorgeouspoppy for fostering her.  :clapping:  I also guess the hard part will be letting her go now.  :'( :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
Thanks for the updates.  It is lovely to hear that these ex farm girlies will have a new and happy life.
May she have many more years to enjoy it.  :luv: :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »
So lovely to think Kerri will have a happy future  :luv:

Do you think her new owners will know about COL  ;) would be lovely to see her in her new home with her brother  :blink:

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
I will tell the new owners all about col! ;)
Kerris back has all healed up now - she let me put cream on it + the hair is starting to grow back over it.  She is still very scared + refuses to go a walk on the lead but once she fully trusts her new owners she will be fine. :luv:

xx

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »
Lovely news!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »

Brilliant news  :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »
Great News Jo! What a nice ending to 2009! :banana:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
Great News Jo! What a nice ending to 2009! :banana:

Yes ditto that from me

Big loves to Kerri  :luv: :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »
 :clapping:  I'm so pleased for kerri Jo, sounds like a wonderful home has been found for her  ;) 

:luv:

Offline gorgeouspoppy

Kerri - 4 year old girl at Many Tears. (Up for rehoming again)
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
Kerri is a 4 year old ex breeding girl at Many Tears who I am fostering.  She was reserved for a couple who sounded lovely but they changed their minds today without even seeing her, so she is available for adoption again through no fault of her own.  (I am having one of those days!)  Her thread is locked that is why I have started a new one  :-\

She is a sweet little girl who is very good natured.  She arrived with me 3 weeks ago with sores on her back + ear.  Both of which have healed up lovely. :D   She is putting on weight as she was rather thin when she first arrived.  Loves her food - takes treats gently out of your hand and lets you put food in her bowl when she is eating.  Loves the company of other dogs.

She is still very frightened + will not come to see people who have come into the house.  But she will come to me now and tail wags when she sees me.  She howled yesterday morning along with Poppy to tell me they wanted their breakfast.  That was the first time she has made a sound in 3 weeks!  It was good to  hear :005:

She is petrified of going a walk at the moment but we are working on this.  As soon as you put a lead or harness near her she cowers down + shakes.  She still will not come for cuddles or to be petted as she thinks she is going to be hit.  If you go to clap her she hangs her head + shakes.  She will run if you make a quick movement around her. :'(  (Kinda who I adopted is still like this too. )

She will need to go to a home where someone is around most of the time to let her settle in and begin to trust and love.  It will take a lot of time, love and patience but through time she will love you back and make a wonderful pet.

(Will get some up to date pics when she will let me!  Her + Kinda both had to have their hair cut short as it was all urine stained which was irritating their skin making them claw out clumps of hair.  Plus no matter how much I bathed them I couldn't get rid of the smell ph34r)

xx

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: Kerri - 4 year old girl at Many Tears. (Up for rehoming again)
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
bless her that is a shame but still, if they didnt even bother meeting her its prob for the best, i hope the right person comes along soon for her  :luv: :-* :-*
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy