Author Topic: Kilty - 6 year old girl at Many Tears. (sadly has many mammary tumours)  (Read 8755 times)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
Re: Kilty - 6 year old girl at Many Tears. (sadly has many mammary tumours)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Nic, I'm still trying to wear the inflexible and opinionated one down.  At least Kilty has a home with Jo until whenever.  I don't know why there's so little interest.  The 2 or 3 years thing would not bother me - that's rubbish - of course it would at the end but in the big picture it wouldn't and look what the 2 or 3 years would bring someone.
Try to persuade him just to go and meet her  :luv: it will work  ;) :blink:

Offline Tessa1

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
We'd have her tomorrow but I work 2 days a week (home at lunchtime though), would take her to our holiday home by the sea during the summer but I'm sure we'd been turned down by the charity!  We've had dogs for 18 years and could give her such a lovely home........

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
We'd have her tomorrow but I work 2 days a week (home at lunchtime though), would take her to our holiday home by the sea during the summer but I'm sure we'd been turned down by the charity!  We've had dogs for 18 years and could give her such a lovely home........

You can ask.  The main thing they want is for the new owner to already have a calm dog to help show her the ropes (not that we fit the bill 100% in the calm department).  We don't even have a properly fenced garden on one side because of a river but Jo didn't think that would be a problem as Kilty sticks to you like glue.  There will be vet bills to consider too.

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
Kilty is still looking bless her.  :luv:   She us been with us nearly 6 weeks now.

She is getting along fine with all other dogs now.  She welcomed brussel sprout and simon in with no problems.  She just isn't that keen on kinda.  (not sure if its because Kinda is white and the others are all dark!)

She walks well on a lead, 100% housetrained, good with people, recall is good (well she has been here 6 weeks so answers to her name and doesn't run off when out walks!), can go as an only dog as loves humans.   She will quite happily sit on the sofa and be cuddled for hours.  She is not in any pain at the moment and does have her daft cocker moments like all cockers!

I hope someone will offer Kilty her forever home soon so she can enjoy as much time as possible with her new family.  She had a horrendous 6 or so years in a puppy farm and is really enjoying her freedom and home comforts.  All she asks for is a house to call her own and a loving family to help her when she does become ill.   She is sitting here patiently hoping someone will choose her and give her a chance. If you do she will definately reward you back with lots of love and cocker kisses.
:luv:

Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
Goodness this gives me leaky eyes  :'( :'( there must be a COLer out there that can love her  :luv:

I would love too but we already have 6 and one guest at the mo  :-\

Offline mark1

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
It's so sad. I think we'd be really tempted if we didn't have demonic four month old Poppy. I'm sure she'd be fine with Molly but Poppy I think would be too much for her, would she??

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
It's so sad. I think we'd be really tempted if we didn't have demonic four month old Poppy. I'm sure she'd be fine with Molly but Poppy I think would be too much for her, would she??

Kilty would probably prefer to not to live with a puppy.  I have Misty who is nearly 8 months and Kilty is fine with her now (apart from having the odd grumble to tell her off ::) )   but when she first arrived she really didn't like Misty being in her face and did nip her which sent Misty running and squeeling but she learned not to annoy Kilty after that!

xx

Offline Tessa1

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
Really hope she finds a lovely home soon..... :luv:

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »
she reminds me a little of Flynn and sounds a real sweetheart  :luv:

Offline mark1

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »

Kilty would probably prefer to not to live with a puppy.  I have Misty who is nearly 8 months and Kilty is fine with her now (apart from having the odd grumble to tell her off ::) )   but when she first arrived she really didn't like Misty being in her face and did nip her which sent Misty running and squeeling but she learned not to annoy Kilty after that!

xx
Thanks for getting back to me on that. Hopefully she will find a home that is suitable but I will keep an eye on her progress. I guess if nobody comes forward our set up may be ok. Poppy is not too bad and she is used to being told to clear off by Molly. I just find it so sad and would have no problem with her condition would just love her to have a really good time in what she has left.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
 :-\  Any news on little Kilty yet Jo  :huh:  hope she's doing ok  :-* :luv:

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
:-\  Any news on little Kilty yet Jo  :huh:  hope she's doing ok  :-* :luv:

Kilty is doing great - must send a new update to MT!  :luv:  She will have been with us 2 months in a few days time :o  Time has flown by!

She loves going walks and lying in the garden.  She is becoming braver by the day.  She still automatically flinches when you go to clap her head or put the lead on but she soon realises nothing bads going to happen.  She has stopped growling at Kinda now - just has the odd moan. :005:  She cuddles up beside my lot and eats happily along side them so she doesn't mean anything by her odd grumble.  She was chasing Misty in the garden the other day then letting Misty chase her so she is starting to play.  Her tail never stops wagging. :luv:  I think she just tried to be top dog for the first few weeks here but everything has settled now.

She woowoos at you when she wants her dinner!  And she is quite loud! :005:

Kilty is keeping good health - no problems from her tumours.  She loves her new found freedom  and all the comforts that go along with it.  She will follow you around to see what you are doing.  She is housetrained but if she is left for about 4 hours ish she sometimes will have a little accident and you come home to a wee on the kitchen floor.  But she will say hello with a cocker kiss so she is forgiven!
:005:

She is a pleasure to foster and will always have a place with us but Kilty would really like a family of her own.  She had a horrendous start in life (6 years in a puppy farm) where she didn't know love and feared humans but is learning all about love now.  It will take someone with a big heart to adopt her not knowing how much time they will have with her (and vet bills when she does need pain relief etc) but when the time does come Kilty hopes her only wish will have been granted - a family of her own who loved her. :luv: :luv:

xx

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
a lovely heartwarming update on Kilty - sounds like she is doing so well, concidering everything she's been through (all thanks to you & all you patience & TLC, Jo :luv: )
..............just wishing her forever home comes along soon  :angel:

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
Aw, I am so pleased to hear how well she is doing  :luv: It would be lovely if she found her forever home soon  :blink:  Please somebody find room for her  :003:

You are doing a grand job Jo  ;) bless you  :luv:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
Awwww bless her heart - she sounds like she's coming on great  :luv:

How about you take Disney the hooligan and I'll take her  :005:

She sounds like an absolute sweetheart - hope she finds her forever home soon  :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)