Author Topic: Emma - 8+ year old blind girl at Many Tears  (Read 8588 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Emma - 8+ year old blind girl at Many Tears
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 08:28:30 PM »
So pleased to hear she is doing so well, thank you for looking after her  :luv:

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
Emma's still awaiting her Forever home.  :luv:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline ben and rosie

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »
oh Darling wee Emma- it makes me weep to think about what she has gone through but know that at least, while she is awaiting her forever home, she is being loved and cared for by Rory's mum. please keep us up to date as i have to say, this wee soul has really got to me.

Thank you for all you wonderful foster carers do for these poor souls- at last a loving, warm, comfortable home- what every cocker/dog deserves.

xx

Offline grracee

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »
This is so sad to read, poor girl.  :'( So pleased to hear that she is doing well.  :luv: :luv: Hope she finds her loving home soon, she definately deserves it! :luv: :luv:

Thank you for all you wonderful foster carers do for these poor souls- at last a loving, warm, comfortable home- what every cocker/dog deserves.

I couldn't agree more. You all do a fantastic job. :clapping: :luv:

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »
We have had the pleasure of fostering Emma for a couple of months now . She has gained a lot of confidence and is now a loving dog who enjoys a cuddle and stroke with people she knows. She walks well on a lead, travels well and is 95% toilet trained with very occasional toileting accidents. Her issues with vision don't seem to bother her at all and she rarely bumps into anything. In new situations she still behaves a bit nervous but quickly regains her confidence when handled appropriately. Emma can be left for periods up to about 3 hours. She would love a home where she can have some nice gentle walks and then snuggle up to her special people on the sofa. She is a truly special girl .
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
How is beautiful Emma doing?  :luv:

I am moving home at the end of February -

It is impossible for me to do anything at the moment because of the move, but I would love to adopt Emma if the timing was right.

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline R&R

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
aww what an awful start she has had, the poor girl :'(  So glad she is now in a lovely foster home :luv: Hope she finds a forever home soon, really wish i could take on another.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Emma is enjoying life now and making the most of all opportunities. She loves her walks ,chilling on the sofa and generally being in on the action with our other dogs. She is a pleasure to care for .

Offline RUBYTUBE

• never forgetting Lucy & Lara.
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
So glad to hear Emma is coming along well. Wish we had room for her but surely someone will open their heart to this lovely girl. I don't think her lack of vision will hold her back at all.  :luv:

Offline ben and rosie

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
To Rory's Mum- any recent photos to see how Emma is now?? I am sure we would all love to see them as she has won a place in all our hearts...
xx

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
I will try and post some soon,I am useless with computers so have to wait till my husband is around to help me with the photo s , have taken lots though as I am very proud of her progress. Emma just needs a home with someone at home most of the time,with a very stable environment and hopefully another not too bouncy cocker to cuddle up to at night . As she had seperation anxiety at the start when she came into foster she really needs not too be left  more than a couple of hours at a time so an adopter who is home based would suit her best.  This little girl deserves nothing but the best I am sure her special people are out there somewhere definately need to tick all the boxes though. Better the right home than a fast one, she is happy , occ aisionally cheeky and knows she is loved . It is such a joy to see her doing normal doggy things.    Shona

Offline ben and rosie

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
Thank you Shona for Emma's update- it is so lovely to hear all about her and how happy she is now under your loving care.I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding looking for a very special home for this lovely wee girl.

xx Arlene, Ben, Rosie and Lotty

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »

25-02-11 UPDATE

Emma continues to grow in confidence, initiating play with dogs she knows well, and she is becoming more curious about things around her as time goes on. As she becomes more confident she is taking more interest in our cats, so may be better in a cat free home. Her limited vision doesn't hold her back in any way and she is enjoying new adventures every day.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »
Oh bless her :luv: :luv: if only :luv: xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 03:56:31 PM »
Thank you 1st time cocker mum for putting the  photo s across from the M.T site.  .Will try and get a good out and about photo tomorrow as Emma is off to Epping forest . just need to remember the camera .  Shona