Author Topic: Does anyone feed Naturesmenu?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
Does anyone feed Naturesmenu?
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »
Just thought I would put this information on the forum.  I have been feeding my two with Naturesmenu which they love and it really suited them both. 

I have now found that I suddenly cannot get it anymore - apparently the company who were putting it in the pouches stopped without notice and it will not be available until the new year now.  I have had to put them both onto Naturediet, I hate changing food like that and am expecting some accidents overnight!! :005:
Thought this info might be useful if anyone else cannot get it either.

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
Re: Does anyone feed Naturesmenu?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
i've just checked the website and there are no pouches whatsoever :huh: can only guess they have stopped production to clean down for christmas shutdown?

we have swapped Lucy between Natures menu and Naturediet in the past without problems but each dog is different as they say

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

I use to feed it but didn't know they were stopping production  :huh: the only reason i stopped using it is i noticed when they introduced new flavours and packaging that sugar was listed on the ingredients ..where as it wasnt in the food before  :-\ so switched over to naturediet ;)

Offline Spaniel Ears

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
I don't feed this, but noticed that they are now producing it in tins also.  I saw it in Jollyes when I was last in there. 

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
If you do change to Naturediet, I get mine online at PetSupermarket box of 18 trays for £12.99, but you do have to spend 59 quid to get free carriage now.  It is 75p per tray in our local pet stores even pah, so if you can afford to get 5 boxes at once it is quite a saving online.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »
I feed NaturesMenu but only the frozen meat & veg blocks - so far I have had no trouble getting this from my usual supplier.  I did feed a few pouches when the new range was introduced but I noticed that it had 'added sugar' listed in the ingredients  :o so I will stick to the frozen.
Elaine & Mason X

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Is it possible they have had complaints about the added sugar, so have withdrawn these for sale, till they can sort out the manufacturing?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:44:47 AM »
I contacted Naturesmenu via email and they told me that they now do this product in cans, but I don't seem to be able to get it.  I am pleased that several of you have mentioned the sugar in this food, I had no idea that they had added it.  I received an email back and they said the company who were producing the pouches had suddenly stopped and had not told them, thats why its not available, they have to find another company.

I have started them both on Naturediet and they are fine, might keep them on it - I add a tiny bit of James Wellbeloved also.  My local petstore have an offer on Naturediet, 18 packs for £9.00 so I got stocked up!!  I love a bargain...... :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
I have heard that the company is in difficulty and that is the reason for the problem with supply.  I think it may be being sorted out though so hopefully they will be back to normal soon.  I did see some new packaging and some tins in Jollyes too but they still do not have the full range and no cat food either.   :-\  I have only used the frozen stuff for Coco though and they still have that - was using their kitten food too but can't get that now so have changed to a great Swedish wet cat food called Bozita  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »
My local petstore have an offer on Naturediet, 18 packs for £9.00 so I got stocked up!!  I love a bargain......

WOW that is a great price, makes them only 50p each, I add a wholemeal terrier mix to Katie's and she loves it.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »
My local petstore have an offer on Naturediet, 18 packs for £9.00 so I got stocked up!!  I love a bargain......

WOW that is a great price, makes them only 50p each, I add a wholemeal terrier mix to Katie's and she loves it.

Blimey that is a bargain - ND is a good food too  :D
Julie and Watson