Author Topic: Food problems with puppy.  (Read 2821 times)

Offline wilfsaunty

• Site Member
Re: Food problems with puppy.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
I can shop online now. so the foods im interested in include, Arden Grange, JWB and also Harringtons.  Im thinking JWB is probably the best option as my local petshop sells it and i could get it delivered if needs be. However i've heard its been/or going to be taken over by pedigree. Do you think the food quality would decrease, or will it just be the same?

Pedigree took JWB over a few years ago (I think).  I've not noticed any change in the quality of the food.

Offline JohnW

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »
Bin the Wagg its not a good brand, I have my pups on purina pro plan sensative now, I used Burgess in the past but I have since discovered Purina and the pups are much better off on that. And no slimy poohs either. ;)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
I can shop online now. so the foods im interested in include, Arden Grange, JWB and also Harringtons.  Im thinking JWB is probably the best option as my local petshop sells it and i could get it delivered if needs be. However i've heard its been/or going to be taken over by pedigree. Do you think the food quality would decrease, or will it just be the same?

Pedigree took JWB over a few years ago (I think).  I've not noticed any change in the quality of the food.

Pedigree don't own JWB. JWB is owned by Crown Pet Foods. Mars is a majority shareholder in Crown Pet Foods and also owns the Pedigree brand. So there is a commercial connection with the Mars group but JWB and Pedigree are produced in different places and independently from each other.

Jane

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »
I feed my dog on Hills Science Plan, which is not favoured here, but my dog's good on it, and it is favoured by vets. Just saying that some dog foods don't suit every dog.

Offline wilfsaunty

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 12:19:20 AM »

Pedigree don't own JWB. JWB is owned by Crown Pet Foods. Mars is a majority shareholder in Crown Pet Foods and also owns the Pedigree brand. So there is a commercial connection with the Mars group but JWB and Pedigree are produced in different places and independently from each other.

Ta - that's what I meant  ;)  I know a lot of people have stopped feeding JWB since Mars took them over because of their animal testing policies but the change in ownership, thankfully, hasn't meant a change in the quality of food.