Author Topic: Arden grange from JWB  (Read 860 times)

Offline Yomper

Arden grange from JWB
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »
Hi
When we got our puppy he was being fed burgess superdog and he had some very runny poo, we thought that superdog wasn't the best food to feed him. So after a little research we changed him to JWB puppy lamb which he seemed to enjoy but only for a short while, so we changed to JWB fish and this gave him back his appetite and his poo was better but still loose and yet again he went off the fish. So we changed to duck which he seemed to really enjoy but this gave him the worst diarrhoea ever. As a result we have now changed to Arden grange/puppy junior and he really likes this one and i am hoping this will help his diarrhoea but i read the ingredients and it contains egg and i thought eggs were bad for dogs or is this not the case ir is the amount in there to small to worry about?

Offline Beezzzkneez

Re: Arden grange from JWB
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
I feed Arden Grange with some yoghurt and our pup wolves it down - I hadn't heard of eggs being bad for dogs, in fact I know that some people add scrambled eggs to their dog's kibble to make it tastier. Maybe someone with more experience can confirm?  :huh:
Bee

Maike is our lovely golden working Cocker, born 12/07/11

Offline Ebbysmum

• Donator
  • Lexi 5, Ebony 4, Maddie 1 and Gracie 2
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »
Always given the dogs egg, usually scrambled. In fact vets reccomend when they have a bad tummy with rice. I'm sure it is fine!
www.saltdogstudios.co.uk  www.facebook.com/saltdogstudios
Handmade Dog Collars, Leads and Accessories

Offline penfold

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
my dogs steal at least 2 eggs a day from the chicken coop  >:(

No, not heard of eggs being bad for dogs....can be bad for humans though if you are standing downwind from my springer in the evening  :lol2:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
Mine have a raw egg and sardines once a week, always thought that eggs were good for them.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »
I always thought eggs were OK, our vet recommends offering scrambled egg as a light meal after anaesthetic.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Yomper

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »
ok thanks. after more reading i found its raw eggs that can ne bad for dogs as they may contain certain bacteria but scrambled is fine for dogs. after 2 days pn arden he seems to have stopped erm farting and we can now breathe fresh air :)