Author Topic: Luca had his first chicken wing today!  (Read 1240 times)

Offline **purpleprincess**

Luca had his first chicken wing today!
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
He munched and crunched on it very happily!!

The boyfriend was very dubious saying it was weird and odd  :005: Luca loved it though. I've never met a dog that doesn't scoff their food and lick their bowl, yet he can take it or leave it, he eats a bit, leaves a bit, comes back to it. He has even been known to leave some food  :o yet he ate 2 chicken wings very happily even though it was more effort. I held them for him. Crunch crunch crunch!! Yummy!

Boyfriend has googled it and is now more into it! Think we're going to feed chicken wings for a meal a couple of times a week and see how we get on.

Thanks for all the info that people have shared  :luv:
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
Re: Luca had his first chicken wing today!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
oh yes chicken wings are fantastic Rosie lurves them she took to them straight away and like luca she can be known to even leave some of her dinner. well that was before i changed her food and now there isent a chance in hell she would ever leave a bit  :005:

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
Well done..... but if you are going to feed raw as a meal there is a lot more too it than just giving Chicken wings
you have to make sure you give the right balance of raw meat and offal and bone... as they need all the differant
nutrients.. they wont get the right balance just from Chicken wings..

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Well done..... but if you are going to feed raw as a meal there is a lot more too it than just giving Chicken wings
you have to make sure you give the right balance of raw meat and offal and bone... as they need all the differant
nutrients.. they wont get the right balance just from Chicken wings..

Oh no, I know that there is much more to it, I just wanted to try him with a chicken wing. I wouldn't feel confident feeding fully raw now anyway as I really don't know enough and wouldn't want to harm my puppy in any way. Thank you though, there is so much info on here and out there.

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
just a quick question what do you feed luca i love asking everybody what they feed there dogs :D

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
I done the same today for Kol and I've got to say he loved the chicken wings. I am not to confident yet about feeding all raw but a chicken wing a couple of nights a week as a meal replacement is a starting point. I need another freezer any way before I could commit fully

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »
just a quick question what do you feed luca i love asking everybody what they feed there dogs :D
We feed him on Royal Canin at the moment, it is what the breeder fed him on. We also add salmon oil and sometimes sardines in oil. He loves it. So far so good, firm poos 2 or 3 times a day regular as clockwork. We have thought about changing it when we run out, we have got loads left though.