Author Topic: Hello - picking up my new baby tomorrow  (Read 3143 times)

Offline femmelibre

Re: Hello - picking up my new baby tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
We're here and we're home!

All going well so far - slept most of the way home. Had some dinner, had three wee's on the floor.

Introduced her to my kitten - kitten flew up the stairs but as I type is slowly creeping through the baby gate for a sniff. Haven't introduced her to my older 2 cats - they ran when I opened the door (they're fine with dogs - I think it was the shock). She's had a sniff of the crate and a play with a toy and she's all worn out. Lots of tail wagging and no crying so far.

Shes currently curled up on a blanket next to me nudging me every time I stop stroking her. Ahhhhhh

I'm going to put her to bed in her crate in a minute but I think I'll make myself a bed on the sofa for tonight. When she's learnt where her bed is and is reliable during the night she'll probably sleep with my daughter - after all she will be Allie's therapy dog.

Allie is home from the hospital on Friday afternoon and I can not wait for them to meet each other  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow

ps - Fly and Ash the kitten now both cuddled up by my side. I think they've made friends

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 09:34:40 PM »
best thing ever, cocker snuggles all through the night
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline femmelibre

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 09:47:10 PM »
Oooooh dear - we are not liking the  crate  :'(

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »

its not unusual  ;)

my pups (exept Gemma) have slept on the bed from day one. As  a light sleeper I have felt them move and been able to either get them off the bed before accidents or get them outside.  Gemma was removed from bed to crate when she attacked our Poppy dog. We had about  a week of the whoo hoos  before she settled into the crate.

2011 - 2023 

----

Offline femmelibre

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »
I'm not sure whether to sit it out or let her sleep on my bed - after al she'll be sleeping on Allie's eventually. And she's really crying

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 10:06:49 PM »

You didn't very have much time today to associate the crate with good things. We brought Henry home in the morning and he had already had meals and naps in the crate by bedtime. I wonder if mostly cuddles tonight would be a good idea, then start the crate training in earnest tomorrow?
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline femmelibre

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »
I think so too - much better idea

Thanks

Offline femmelibre

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »
Can't see the photos but I think extra snuggles tonight is a good thing, busy day and lots of changes. Thanks  for the update. x

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »
Awww Fly is gorgeous xxx Good luck with the puppy days. They can be hard but are worth it in the end. I really hope Fly brings your daughter so much love and support; I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be for you to see your daughter go through such things at a young age and I have absolutely everything crossed that Fly can help to start healing  :luv:  :luv:

Offline femmelibre

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 08:16:29 AM »
Not so eventful night. Gave up and popped her in with me. Sh'ed only been home a lttle while and she will sleep with Allie after all.

I felt her start to move a couple of times  and stuck her on the mat for wee so that went well. /started off with her on an old dressing gown at the bottom of my bed and ended up with a kitten on one side and  a puppy on the other - both snoring away lol.

Breakfast this morning (in her crate - no problems there) an out into the garden to do her business. Ran around like  demented whirling devlish and poo'd on the living room floor right next to the puppy pad!

Am so glad I invested in lots of spray bleach and shares in kitchen roll.

Offline cdob1901

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »
Oh my goodness she is beautiful! Just two weeks until we bring our princess home.

If it were me and I knew that eventually she was going to sleep upstairs with your daughter I wouldn't stress everyone out trying to get her to sleep downstairs in the crate. My previous dog cried for 4/5 nights before we gave up and brought his crate upstairs. Six months later he was happy to sleep downstairs of his own accord.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
I just get a error message for the photo  :012:  its not fair  :012:
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 05:17:21 PM »
I can't see the pic either  :'(

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »
The end of the link for the photo hasn't been included in the hyperlink. If you copy and paste the whole thing into a new tab you can see the gorgeous girl.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)