Author Topic: Anyone changed from Canagans to a different food?  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Mumof3

Anyone changed from Canagans to a different food?
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »
Hi
Has anyone changed from canagans chicken grain free food to a different one?

Although it seems a great food it's expensive to keep him on this now he's growing.....
He has been on this since we collected him from his mum.

We are looking at putting him onto a different food happy to spend up to £40 for a 12/15kg bag

Would anyone recommend a good one to try (we are halfway through his 12kg bag so need to decide soon to help he change over process)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
Re: Anyone changed from Canagans to a different food?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
Have you looked on the all about dog food site. The have settings and different ways to search to find thing like daily food cost. Some on the foods which cost less to buy per bag can end up costing more due to feeding amounts so it's a good site to use.

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
Re: Anyone changed from Canagans to a different food?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »
I changed my two from Canagan a couple of months ago.  Nothing wrong with the food just heard about Guru which is a cold pressed food, they tried a sample and loved it so I switched them.  It works out about 50p a day to feed them Guru instead of 75p for Canagan.  As theo961 says its best to work it out per portion as a big bag that's cheaper doesn't mean it's necessarily a cheaper food to feed.  Since switching to Guru my parents, aunt and grandad have all switched their dogs over to it too and are really happy with it.  :D
Emma, Pippa & Rory x