Author Topic: Bailey's first proper sleep in a crate  (Read 703 times)

Offline gizmo001i

Bailey's first proper sleep in a crate
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:24:41 PM »
Well, for the first time since getting Bailey on Thursday, we have tried to put him in his crate, in a separate room for his night time sleep. So far it has gone better than I expected. He cried for about half an hour, but has now been quite for another half hour, so fingers crossed. All the other nights, we have allowed him to fall asleep at our feet and then put him in his crate for the night in the living room. Which has meant that we have also had to go to bed and also had to wait for him to go to sleep in his own time. This way, it is on our terms and can be made into a routine. I will get him up at 2am for a wee and hopefully he will go back down without too much of a problem (we shall see in a few hours lol). So hopefully this is a sign of good things to come 🙂

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Bailey's first proper sleep in a crate
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:00:19 AM »
That's a good start, they soon learn to settle down. Humphrey always had a kong with a bit of liver sausage in just to occupy him while actually left him and that calmed things down - he still has one now, its just become part of his routine. (Sorry if I've alreadys told you, I lose track of what I've posted where!! - that's what living with a cocker does to you!   :005:)

Offline gizmo001i

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:22:13 AM »
Thanks bizzylizzy, well it went better than expected. He stayed asleep and I then woke him at 2am for a wee. I fully expected another half hour of crying, but when I put him in his crate he went straight to sleep. I then woke him at 7am, so it went really well. The only problem is that the good nights sleep gas meant that he has woken up full of beans and is being a complete whirlwind lol.

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »
Oh bless him what a good boy.  :luv:

Offline gizmo001i

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
Well I thought I would give a quick update on Baileys sleeping habits. The first night he cried for half an hour. Last night he cried for about 15 minutes and then tonight I put him in his crate and we haven't had a single sound as of yet and he is fast asleep. So fingers crossed that he is being a good little boy. Also each night he has been woken at 2am to go for a wee and he has gone back down straight away. Which is a great relief.