Author Topic: Different food, different dog  (Read 454 times)

Offline gizmo001i

Different food, different dog
« on: December 05, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
It's funny how something as simple as the taste of food can change a dogs temperament. As some of you will know, I put a post up the other day about how Bailey didn't seem bothered about his food.
Well this morning he refused to eat his breakfast, so I thought to myself "you don't actually like it do you". So Bailey and I went to Pets At Home and we got the James Wellbeloved fish and rice, thinking it would be a stronger smell and flavour (definitely right about the smell). Well I gave him a bowl and his nose didn't leave it until it was all gone and the same happened at lunchtime. Not only that, but where we had a very nippy loud puppy who would not stop biting, barking or tugging on trousers, we now have an absolutely lovely puppy who is more willing to listen. Yes he does still nip, but stops when told to, so I think he must of been hungry and was trying to tell us to feed him all the time. Just goes to show how sometimes, the simplest answer can have the greatest effect.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Different food, different dog
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:19:37 PM »
That's great to read, glad you have found a solution  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.