Author Topic: Sick of being ripped off  (Read 5770 times)

Offline aliceandlouis

Re: Sick of being ripped off
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »

But there are big gaps here in UK -biopsy early July as of today still no appt for results - friend from hospital lab has reassured me that if it was a bad result would have been brought back in fast- I shouldn't have to rely on who I know to reassure me.....

I hate those 'if you don't hear from us assume all is well' result systems - I tend to ignore them and if I was worried (as I suspect you were) I would phone my GP to ensure that I heard one way or the other - I wouldn't worry about hassling the GP - if they don't like it, maybe they could change the system?  In this area the results of mammograms are always now given so there is never the lingering doubt which can be so stressful.

Glad to hear that the treatment is working for you Jeff - I would guess that many of us do not realise the cost of treatments we receive as a matter of routine  - perhaps if we did some perspectives might change...... 

Offline David Morgan

Re: Sick of being ripped off
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
I wonder if vets' bills seem so high because we are not exposed to the true cost of healthcare for ourselves.

We lived in the US back in 2000/2001 and where covered by comprehensive healthcare, but paid $10 cash per visit to the doctors.  Our son was a toddler so loads of visits to the doctors. - vaccinations, ear infections and  general child hood illnesses, but nothing major.  When we retuned to the UK I was forwarded a copy of all the invoices.  So the cost for one year for our son was over $15000 and that was 16 years ago!!

We've called the vet well into the night and they have responded and we've even been able to take the dogs in for treatment. Try that with your local GP.