Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Skinny Miss Molly aged 20 weeks

(1/5) > >>

MIN:
https://ibb.co/jRzNvVv
The vet isn't concerned  but we are. Despite tummy issues miss Molly is putting on weight. Around 7.5 kg now. At the moment she is on RC puppy gastrointestinal ( for the second time) and supposed to have 180 grams day according to feeding info. I have her on 225 plus extra for treats as we have been
instructed not to give anything else  But she is so thin across the hips and  you can play a tune on her ribs.She doesn't have worms or anything nasty.
Not a good photo but  should we be worried. She is a high energy pup

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: MIN on April 02, 2024, 08:41:50 PM ---https://ibb.co/jRzNvVv
The vet isn't concerned  but we are. Despite tummy issues miss Molly is putting on weight. Around 7.5 kg now. At the moment she is on RC puppy gastrointestinal ( for the second time) and supposed to have 180 grams day according to feeding info. I have her on 225 plus extra for treats as we have been
instructed not to give anything else  But she is so thin across the hips and  you can play a tune on her ribs.She doesn't have worms or anything nasty.
Not a good photo but  should we be worried. She is a high energy pup

--- End quote ---

Would it be possible to get a 2nd veterinary opinion if you feel the need? Have to admit she does look a bit thin - but looks can be deceptive, I guess with vets same as with our doctors, they have their own preferences

Jaysmumagain:
Honestly I have a totally different answer and that is not to worry Harry looked positively skinny ribs showing and so thin across rear tummy cum end ribs....I really was concerned.  This look continued and like you I even mentioned it to vet when I took him with his ears itching.

All I can say was as he got older he filled out - not sure if I have any photo that show this.

Hope this reasures.   Like me it is a case of being new mum to a pup when we were use to our old darlings

MIN:
She is very leggy and short coated which probably makes her look worse.  It is just her ribs that show. Although she is narrow across the back end no bones stick out.   They are a worry.

ejp:
I think she is okay, a little more padding wouldn't hurt, but they grow at such a pace.  Personally I think she will fill out in time, but I do get why you are concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version