Author Topic: Groomer in the West Midlands  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Nicky

Groomer in the West Midlands
« on: August 07, 2021, 12:25:28 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in the West Midlands area please? I’ve got an 8 month old fluff ball who despite hours of combing and attempted hand stripping, still resembles a fluff ball. I would like to maintain the tradition cocker coat, rather than clipping, but I’m concerned that she is going to struggle if the temperature rises again, with a huge fluffy coat. 
I’ve had cockers before and groomed them myself, however I feel I need a starting point as I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with her coat.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline Neil

Re: Groomer in the West Midlands
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
The Dog House, Worcester offer dog grooming. I haven't, yet, tried it myself but my dog Bobby goes there for day care Monday to Friday and absolutely loves it!

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
Clippers and Dippers in Telford.  When you call let them you that you know me (and bred Pearl) Yvonne is fab!  She bred cockers for years so knows how they should be groomed although it will be Daniel to do the groom for you.

Be prepared though……Yvonne calls a spade a shovel and her first statement will be “that’s not a cocker”.  She also has a hydrotherapy pool which is very good. 

Yvonne is a good friend now, through grooming the dogs.  She has clients that travel from all over to get to her.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »
Thank you both for your recommendations, I have only just seen this!

Fortunately a new grooming salon opened up around 5 minutes from home and the lady has a lot of experience with cockers. So now I have a puppy that resembles a show cocker rather than an unkempt fluff ball  :D