Author Topic: Is a weekly bath ok?  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Is a weekly bath ok?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 02:09:02 PM »
Just to throw a spanner in…. My dogs are bathed every week, especially during the shooting season when they get really muddy. I used to bath my show cockers weekly as well to keep them clean and knot-free. They are far easier to groom when clean. Have never had any of them suffer from dry skin/ coats. I do add yumega oil to their food which also helps keep their coats/ skin in good condition.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline ips

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
Ours gets bathed as and when required could be twice a week during shooting season, never had a problem with dry skin etc
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »
Ours gets bathed as and when required could be twice a week during shooting season, never had a problem with dry skin etc
Yes, mine too. Depends on how dirty they are.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 05:10:31 PM »
I bath Dylan the day before I give him a trim, so about every couple,of months. It makes the clippers,go through the coat easier. He has a very thick coat, so needs keeping from looking like a bear! No problems with dry skin. He is a very clean dog, he hates water and mud, so I don't have a dirty dog to contend with. He hates water, I think he is a cat in disguise.
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo