Author Topic: Lots of lovely cockers on Many Tears Rescue  (Read 3248 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Lots of lovely cockers on Many Tears Rescue
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:02:09 PM »
Lots of cockers in search of their forever home on Many Tears at the moment if anyone is looking
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Lots of lovely cockers on Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 05:41:47 PM »
There are some real beauties.  :luv:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 03:11:59 AM »
This is where we go Bailey from. I looked last weekend and they have a lot of Cockers. A lot of them must be Sons, daughters, brothers or sisters of Bailey an absolute spitting image of him

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 06:42:24 PM »
Actually, that's a valid point. They could well be related to Bailey.

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 02:05:11 PM »
I've been thinking about adopting a second dog recently...I found puppyhood so tough, I wouldn't want a puppy again and would be looking at older dogs but I'm worried getting an ex-puppy farm dog is similar/even tougher than having a puppy? From the research I've been doing, it sounds like it's back to basics with everything and them learning a lot from the other dogs in the house. Not sure our Ivy will be a very good teacher as she can still be a bit of a pickle herself and is still young!

Has anyone had experience of adopting an older dog with a younger dog already in the house? We also have a senior cat who has not warmed to Ivy at all and mostly keeps his distance, but I wouldn't want to bring another dog into the mix who hasn't been raised with cats and upset his lordship even more.

I would love to give an ex-puppy farm dog a safe and loving home for life, but it's such a big responsibility and I worry I might not be the best home for them. I keep deciding that's it, we won't adopt for a few more years but then I see the dogs at Many Tears and it tugs at the ol' heartstrings hard!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 01:59:23 PM »
We adopted a dog from MT's, we had two boys who were older, but I don't think that matters at all. These wee dogs have no life experience and will not have left the puppy farm until they have been rescued.  They are a blank canvas with possibly insecurities built in.  Lara was pretty confident, but nervous of men more than women.  She learnt more from my dogs than she did from us.  What in particular is concerning you, is it going back to the whole toilet training etc again?  For me it was like having a pup again as they have never lived in a house.  It is hugely rewarding, but hard work. After we lost those 3 we had a break and then adopted Daisy, she had been a pet, and was about 2 years old, we think.  She came with different problems and needed to be an only dog.  She was fully house trained, and I have to say, that was a bonus.  It's definitely a lot to think about.  Spaniel Aid have some beauties too, might be worth a look.  If you want to know anything in particular, just ask

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 04:02:30 PM »
Thank you ejp! That's interesting about them learning more from other dogs, but makes sense if they've not had much human interaction up to that point and don't trust humans yet (for good reasons!)

The toilet training doesn't bother me so much as I have quite a bit of patience with it having looked after a dog who lived in a kennel for most of her life then moved into the house. It's the going back to basics with training I think as my girl, Ivy has been a tough little dog to train.

My husband and I were talking about it last night and agreed we would wait until Ivy is 2 years and then adopt. (Having said that, there's a sweet looking cavalier at many tears who I can't stop thinking about so who knows) 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 09:09:53 PM »
I hope you find a little dog that suits and when it suits, might be when you least expect it.  :D

Offline annG

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 01:51:51 PM »
My first Cocker I Bought from a puppy years ago. He lived only two months. It cost over 2000 in vet fees, and he was so severely bred that he died. I then learned the correct way to buy a dog. All those lovely people who get those dogs and give them a beautiful home are fantastic. I would be so afraid—such a heartbreak.
:)
JAFFA!