Author Topic: Harvey seems to have something aggravating his nose  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Juel

• Site Member
Harvey seems to have something aggravating his nose
« on: June 27, 2004, 09:36:57 PM »
Hi everyone,
I walked Harvey yesterday & while getting his nose deep into the grass verges he started sneezing & exhaling the air from his nose quickly&sharply........

......he still seems to be doing this on & off today...mainly the sniffing outwardly,if he is still the same tomorrow morning i'll ring the vet but does anyone know of anything that i can do to help him with this.....he obviously has something up his nose or has an allergy to something,poor fella!!!

Thanks for any help,
luv
juels xx                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 10:40:14 PM »
If it was an allergic reaction, half a Piriton tablet might help but as there's a risk one of those pesky grass seeds might be to blame, best to stick with your plan & get Harvey checked out by your vet if no improvement in the morning.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 07:21:22 AM »
Poor Harvey.  Sounds as though there may be something actually up his nose.  I would get him to the vet today if he's still the same.  Keep us posted Jeul.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 10:43:08 AM »
Our cat did this - he had a 4 inch piece of grass up his nose !!!!!!

The vet pulled it out -  :shock:

He was fine afterwards!                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 11:40:43 PM »
Well i took my little monster to the vets today & he didn't seem too concerned,gave him an antiimflamitary jab & 5 days worth of extra antibiotics(he was already on them for is spots :roll: ) & sent us packing :wink:  said hopefully it would clear up itself but if no change in the next few days to take him back & he'll need to put him out & will flush his nostrils......nice!!!  :shock:  

He seems to be better already....i think maybe some of the dandillion fluffy where he was sniffing got up his nose & caused some irritiation....he is definately less sneezy tonight....Thank goodness!! :D ........

.......i think i'm just a bit paranoid at the moment  :?

luv
juels&harveymonster xx                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 06:36:01 PM »
Juel, glad to hear that Harvey seems to be a bit better  :D

You have every reason to be paranoid so I would not worry about it.  I sometimes think at the moment that maybe my vet thinks I'm a hypochondriac (sp?) on behalf of Piper but if he does I pay him good money to think it so he can just get on with it  :wink:

Keep us posted about Harvey.

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx