Author Topic: My new baby has Colitis  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Becster

• Site Member
My new baby has Colitis
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:13:02 AM »
We have not yet picked up our new baby but have just been informed that our puppy dog Twix is suffering from "colitis" :( .  It is early, and I cannot get hold of the breeder to ask the questions.  I wanted to know if this is a long term tummy condition, or if it can be cured, and if so how.   I would be really grateful if anyone could enlighten me to this condition :?                    
Beccy and Twix

Offline PennyB

My new baby has Colitis
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 09:16:23 AM »
Have you asked your vet about this at all                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Becster

• Site Member
My new baby has Colitis
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 09:23:41 AM »
Not yet!  I will contact her at lunchtime, but I'm at work - all very worrying.                    
Beccy and Twix

Offline annemie

• Site Member
    • http://members.chello.nl/~a.notten1/
My new baby has Colitis
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 08:45:36 PM »
Our Joep have had colitis when the first year of his live. That year he got diet dry food, medicine and no treats. He grew over it and now he can eat almost everything.                    
Greetings,

Annemie and a big kiss from Joep, Joris and Henry

[img width= height=]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/annemiejojo/Webfiets.jpg[/img]

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
My new baby has Colitis
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »
Hi Beccy,

Just to echo Annemarie's experience.  My girl, Tilly had a very nasty bout of colitis when she was a small puppy.  She had an injection and some medicine from the vet and recovered within a few days.  She was back on her normal food within a week.  I was told that she may be more susceptible to colitis in the future, but so far we have not had another bout (Thank God!).  Tilly frequently tests her digestive capabilities through her  favourite snack of cow and sheep poo but she comes through the test pretty well!   This pretty girl with the disgusting secret eating habits is now 14 months old (not so secret now, eh, Tills?  :wink: ).

I know how scary it can be when they are poorly, particularly when they are small.  I do hope that Twix recovers quickly and is with you soon.

Sue and Tilly