Author Topic: Booked in for her spay on Wednesday.....  (Read 3720 times)

Offline maddy74

Re: Booked in for her spay on Wednesday.....
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
oh thanks wenco, we live in a maisonette and the vet advised us to carry up and down to the loo for two weeks!!  :o :o

Offline maddy74

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
yep my nerves will be shot to bits lol
its like having a puppy all over again having to have eyes in the back of my head  :005:

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
Glad to hear Willow is recovering well. Tilly was the same the following day...would never have known she had surgery as she tried to race around the living room. We put her on a long lead in the garden for the first couple of days but then she was getting really fed up so we took her a few short walks after that.  On numerous occassions she jumped up on the couch for a cuddle....i just made sure she didnt jump down..always lifted her off. She wore a baby vest as would not tolerate the buster collar or comfy collar and she was fine with that. Her wound is healing nicely and she now totally unfazed by it all.

Still cannot believe how worried about her I was but we do worry about our furbabies don't we.

Hope she continues to get better quickly  :luv:

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline maddy74

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »
Thanks LinziS,

I am really trying to avoid her jumping at all but it proving problematic!! She had jumped up and down a few times, how come it doesnt hurt her and make her stop. I dont want her to be uncomfortable but at least if she was a little sore she might be cautious moving about!!

I am trying to lift her where I can which is probably 80% of the time. When OH comes home from work Willow likes to play rough/play fight with him and she was even showing signs of wanting to do this today, she lies on her back and thrashing her legs about...how come it didnt hurt!!  :-\

She seems a bit restless this evening, hope she sleeps well, we are both on the air bad again (last night) might invest in a baby vest tmw.  :005:

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
Maddy.....It beats the life out of me why they show no signs of being in pain or uncomfortable after such a big op....you would think they would want to rest or avoid the things that may hurt them...but no...a cocker does what a cocker needs to do and that usually means everything at a hundred miles an hour and as much bouncing up and down as they can muster  :005:
You are doing exactly what i did...attempting to stop her jumping and when possible lifting them down but it near damn impossible to do it 100% of the time.
They are very quick healers too....wish us hoomans were as quick at recovering  :005:
 :luv: to Willow

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline maddy74

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
Thanks LinziS

Well took Willow a short walk around the block earlier and she is pulling like a train, she looked at me horrified when we came back so soon after going out!! Might take her out for longer tmw. Its so hard to know what to do for the best. Luckily at the min she is fast asleep lying next to me...how long that will last is anyones guess  :005: :005:

Offline JulieM

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
Glad to hear she's on the mend  :005:

Way I saw it, it's a good problem to have- that they think they're all better but they're not- she must be healing well. If it makes you feel better Florence did jump up and did jump onto the sofa despite my efforts to stop her and there were no ill effects. I guess it's just about stopping them as much as possible.

Enjoy your last night on the air bed!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
Thanks JulieM. We had last night on the air bed last night, sent OH to tesco on his way home from work to get a baby vest to put on her so we can put her back in her crate tonight and he got the wrong size  >:D Just sending him back up there to change um  :005: Having said that up to now she hasnt wanted to mess with the wound!!

Willow is like a coiled spring and i think I was be as grey as a badger by the end of this period of 'trying' to keep her quiet!!  :-\

Offline Megatron

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »
After a couple of days we were walking Meg as normal, just kept her on the lead. we put the babygro on at night or if we went out, but she didn't bother much with her wound.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Weve now got baby vests, so its back in the crate for kip for Willow tonight wahay  :005:

Offline Megatron

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2012, 03:01:47 PM »
Eagerly anticipating the photos of Willow in her babygro...

Offline maddy74

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
Sorry megatron, OH went to tesco to get a bigger size and they still wernt big enough and she was glued to the spot anyway when we tried them on her. We had to give up, she was in her crate for bed, she is by our bed anyway, we decided as she had not bothered with the wound up until now she would probably be okay and she was.  :luv:

Only wish we could stop her bounding around, she is worse than ever today and I think its because she hasnt has any off lead exercise  :'(

The wound itself looks really clean and looks like its healing well but its a bit puffy/swollen around it, one side worse than the other, i hope she hasnt pulled herself  :-\ She is going back for her check up tmw anyways.