Author Topic: Phoebe needs your positive thoughts  (Read 8048 times)

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
Phoebe needs your positive thoughts
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
I have always responded to requests for positive thoughts for other fur babies who have been ill but I never thought that one day I would be asking for your positive thoughts for Phoebe. Today I had to leave her at the vets to be put on a drip to try to stabilise her kidneys which appear to be failing.

I had her to the vets on Saturday morning because she appeared to be unwell and I thought she might be having trouble with her teeth because she had not eaten much kibble since the Monday and seemed to suck on her teeth from time to time like we do when we have a problem.  (She didn't refuse her chicken wings, though).  The vet took a blood sample to see if there was any underlying cause to her discomfort and the results showed a very high reading for her lipates(?) and the conclusion was that she might have pancreatitis.    After discussing treatment for this it was then agreed that she should have her teeth looked at and she was booked in for yesterday.   Bless her, she had four teeth removed and looked quite sorry for herself when I picked her up.

When we got home she went straight to the settee where she stayed for most of the night and this morning but in between times she was sick several times after having some of the food supplied by the vet.  She was obviously hungry when she ate it but she soon started pacing around inside and outside and couldn't settle until after she had been sick the first time.
She was sick several times during the night and this morning started to drink copious amounts of water and wasn't interested in any food even though I prepared scrambled egg and cooked her chicken wings so that she could have the meat (no bones).  I took her back to the vets where she had another blood test which showed that her kidneys weren't functioning properly and I had to leave her there so that she could have a drip.   I'm supposed to ring at 10 o'clock tomorrow to see how she is, unless they ring me first.

I can't help feeling that underlying all of this is the fact that she is an ex-puppy farm girl and the treatment she received in her previous life has produced these long-term health problems which when added to the risks associated with having a general anaesthetic have left her possibly fighting for her life.   (I'm convinced that her teeth are in the state they are because she used to chew the bars of her cage.)

I'm trying to stay positive but it's very difficult at the moment.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline Bibby

Re: Phoebe needs your positive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
So sorry to hear this it must be awful for you. Sending big hugs and positive thoughts to both Phoebe and you, and I hope she improves whilst she is at the vet's and makes a good recovery. Hope to see some updates soon x
Owned by Poppy and Willow

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »
Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and Phoebe  :bigarmhug:

Offline CatherineL

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »
Wishing Phoebe a speedy recovery.  Hope she is home with you soon.  Big hugs to you all.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Oh no  :'(  I am so sorry to hear Phoebe is so poorly  :'(
I remember meeting you & her at a col meet a couple of years go & i thought then how sweet she is  :luv:

Will be thinking of you both & sending tons of positive thoughts for her  :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »
I'm sorry to hear Phobe's poorly Pat... you must be beside yourself  :'(  Sending all our positive thoughts along the coast to your lovely girl and hoping she responds to the treatment very soon.
Sending  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:'s for you and gentle squidges for Phoebe, she really is very special  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie
xxxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »
Positive thoughts for Phoebe from us all here

These poor girls are used and abused at the puppy farms and yet still give us undying love

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
I am sooo sorry to read this!  Positive thoughts and  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: from us xx  Try to stay positive (which I know is difficult)  :luv:  Ruby sends loads of cocker kisses to Pheobe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn

Offline beanbag

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
Im so sorry :(
Hugs for you and Phoebe!

Sending you all my positive thoughts and love xxx

Offline SusieY

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »
Really sorry to hear about Phoebe.  Lots of positive thoughts and vibes from us

Thinking of you xx

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »
 :bigarmhug:  Loads of positive thoughts on their way to you and Phoebe.  I really hope she improves and you have a good update for us very soon.  Try to be strong. x

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »
Oh Pat  :'(
I'm so sorry to hear Phoebe's not too well at the moment & send you sincere caring thoughts at this difficult time  :luv:  :'(
I'll be keeping everything crossed the vets can soon have her on the road to recovery & hope to hear she's back home with her very worried mum in the very near future  :angel: 
Get well soon sweet Phoebe  :-* :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline RegalRustyCharm

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »
So sorry to hear of the difficult time you are having right now
Thinking positive thoughts for you and Phoebe  :bigarmhug:

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Lots of these for Phoebe, and you  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  :luv:

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
So sorry to hear this, I really am

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."