Author Topic: Rolo has just rolled in what looks like a very dead whale!  (Read 5316 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Rolo has just rolled in what looks like a very dead whale!
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:15:26 PM »
or it might be a huge porpoise. washed up on the high tide mark. >:( it stinks,  rolo rolled and rolled and rolled some more, got up and looked over at his screaming banshee of an owner looked like he might come back then turned back to the stinking morass and rolled some more!!!so into the river he went. I dunked him 3 times. Rolo by name Rolo by nature. he really does out do himself sometimes. what a huge stinking mess he rolled in. I was retching all the way to the river from the beach screeching gettaway every time he decided to launch himself at me and do extra tight heel work. he is a little pig.
 hes now lying at full stretch at my feet all clean and innocent.( and he smells ok now too!) thank goodness or it would be out to the kennel for him. :shades:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Rolo has just rolled in what looks like a very dead whale!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:29:07 PM »
Yerrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think he was trying to get your attention?  :005:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
That makes me feel a little bit better.  Iz just found a hedgehog that had been run over and proceeded to roll in that :-\

Have to say that I think you are wining with a rotting whale though!

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »
Wow. I think Clive would think all his christmases had come at once!!

Eugh. Dogs eh, who'd have 'em???  :005:
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 06:54:39 PM »
Molo doesn't like dead things - he sniffs them and then jumps backwards with his tail between his legs  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »
Molo doesn't like dead things - he sniffs them and then jumps backwards with his tail between his legs  :005:

How handy for you!! I don't suppose it extends to cow pats and fox poo does it??
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:06:50 PM »

How handy for you!! I don't suppose it extends to cow pats and fox poo does it??
He has only ever rolled in poo once - when he was led astray by his new labrador friend..........he does roll, but prefers clean grass, and so do I  :005:

The image of Rolo rolling on a dead whale reminds me of the "Dogs in Elk" story - just be grateful he only rolled on it ph34r

(link posted for new members who may not yet have read it):
http://www.badpets.net/DogHumor/DogsInElk.html
Oldies Club

Offline denisec

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
Oh no!!  Poor you, they say that dead whale really STINKS!!!

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 10:47:21 PM »
Hmmmm sounds delightful!!  :005: :005: :005:

What are these pooches like!?!?!  :005: ::) :005:

Thankfully we don't come across too many dead whales on our walks, so its not a smell I'm familiar with!!! :005: :lol:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 10:54:36 PM »
Oh no!!  Poor you, they say that dead whale really STINKS!!!
yes it does. it does indeed. it stinks.really really smelly. think worst smell add rotting seaweed  and quadruple it.I was pepared to drown the little git to get rid of the smell. he is a little dirtbag. In fact he makes my 21 year old son look good! and that takes some doing!
Molo doesn't like dead things - he sniffs them and then jumps backwards with his tail between his legs
Rachel... please please will we swop dogs??? ;) why do I have to have dogs who are, well, OBSESSED with the dead? :o
 they "found" a crow.( dead) and took it into the dog bed in the house, then....... artfully arranged it so it looked like one of those hairy biker logos spread wings  type thing. totally horror movie kind of thing. Alfred hitchcock could have used them on the birds.
 then this summer jen my daughter was sunbathing out front. liath... little miss cutie , I do no wrong dog jumped up onto her coughed and then sicked up a dead baby bird. onto jen. more screaming banshee stuff... (she gets it from me.)
my friend buried his prize carp (careful how I spell that) rolos sister dug it up. twice. it now has a huge stone on it. other friends think hes grieving unduly over a fish. putting a tombstone over it. hes not, he just doesnt want to view the remains for a third time.

[Thankfully we don't come across too many dead whales on our walks, so its not a smell I'm familiar with!!! /quote]
lucky lucky lucky lisa.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »
Is this thread real????

Poor you, Jean. I can think of very little which would be worse than dead whale.......

......except the dead elk story! Rachel, where on earth did you get that? And how did I miss it if it's been on here before? (did they ever come out?)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 11:51:47 PM »
yuk yuk yuk
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »
yes its all true on my dogs part at least.
 I could write a book on the dreadful things they ahve done but I wont as Im too traumatised. ;)
the whale type thing was the biggest dead thing so far.
no more beach until after next high tide. and theres a full moon thats probably what got into the little ratbag.

I must tell you this one, another friend of mine was walking her dogs along the beach and she saw a headless cow on the sand.
 she raced home to tell her husband who has a terribly important job in the council and insisted he go and look at it. he did .with the police.
 he came back. and he told her it wasnt headless, its head had been buried in the sand. ( ostrich?) it wasnt a cow it was a bull !how could she miss that he said? and its ear tag showed wher it had come from it had gone over a cliff in caithness and been washed up at golspie.
 all I can say is ...lucky rolo didnt find it first! >:D

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »
eww why do they do that :huh: :huh: :huh:

Linus rolled in a dead seal once when my Sister and Mum had taken them for a walk :005: They had to drive home with all the car windows open :rofl1:

Sometimes it takes several baths to get rid of the smell too

My first date with OH, I took G & L for a walk before i started to get ready, as you can imagine nerves were setting in, so what did they both go and do...roll in pheasant poo :o. So theres a decision, clean my dogs up or get myself ready for a first date ph34r

OH is a gamekeeper so I figured he wouldn't be too bothered, so I got the worst off them. Actually I think he was too nervous to notice it that much, but I did apologise for the smell straight away :shades:
8 1/2 years on and all the dogs are still doing it and we are still together!!! ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 08:50:13 AM »
 :lol: :lol: Oh, Jean - I know I shouldn't laugh - I'd be horrified if it was my *problem*  :005:

Have you considered a regular column ??  ;)
Oldies Club