Author Topic: working cocker training video for anyone whos interested.  (Read 4015 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
working cocker training video for anyone whos interested.
« on: March 06, 2007, 02:38:20 PM »
Rolos older brother is the pup in the first video. He's strathfleet zimba  otherwise named Wallace. Hes a golden dog.
 anyway to all the working cocker fans out there these are interesting videos.. A quote..

During the 2000 to 2001 season Edward completed the second series of Training Video's,with Sporting Scene.
These consist of a set of four training tapes, dealing entirely with Cocker Spaniels. As previously a mix of our own and Clients dogs are used throughout. They are without doubt the closest observation of a gun-dog trainer at work.As Edward says, he has shown a lot of fine detail, of overcoming retrieving probleins, encouragement and the many different responses to diffident behaviour in Cocker Spaniels He says they are all little individual people and need treating as such, to get their loyalty and the best out of them.

http://www.gundogs.co.uk/videos.htm          the link . I think you can get them on amazon as well.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: working cocker training video for anyone whos interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
Jean have you actually seen them?

I'm really considering getting them  ;)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:18:55 PM »
No I havent but Im tempted as wallace is the star of the puppy one......however I was told they were really good.

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
They are good.

PM me for some useful info

Offline Gypsygem

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
Hi does anyone know if they have subtitles or closed captions?  I am profoundly deaf... so no use to me without!  I'd like to have a go when I get my next cocker...

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:05:50 PM »
Hi does anyone know if they have subtitles or closed captions?  I am profoundly deaf... so no use to me without!  I'd like to have a go when I get my next cocker...

Pm millomite he'll know  ;)

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »
Unfortunately they dont

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »
I've got some from Simon Tyres?  Bit more than I'd pay usually for any dvd but they were a gift (£100)

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »
Hi does anyone know if they have subtitles or closed captions?  I am profoundly deaf... so no use to me without!  I'd like to have a go when I get my next cocker...

Do you use your cockers as hearing dogs? Emma is a sign language interpreter so we use a few signs with Jarvis.
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Offline Gypsygem

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
Hi no I don't!  I think they train themselves... and I only got Trudi on Thursday so we will see how she goes....

I think she seems to be used to working because I let her off lead for the first time today, she disappeared sniffing in the undergrowth - and came back every time I gave a long peep on the whistle  :angel:

In what field does Emma work?  Does Jarvis having hearing problems or is it just something you thought would be good to do?  Sounds intriguing!

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 05:40:09 AM »
I think being an interpreter, using signs comes pretty naturally. Even living with one, I find myself using it quite often (especially saying "what?" by wagging my finger). Jarvis has selective deafness like most cockers seem to suffer but if he's watching and you raise your hand, palm upwards, he will sit without you having to say anything.

Emma does mainly mental health and theatre work (judging by some of the performances I've witnessed, I think there is some crossover!!)

As my recent YouTube video proved, Jarvis will be a very useful guide dog if you are at all worried about black plastic bags invading your property... :)
Robin & Emma & Jarvis