Author Topic: pics and articles  (Read 1658 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
pics and articles
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »
Hi all,

Spent a month on holiday in the UK, attended the Midland fair, was blown away with the gun dog scurries, which are not held here, and the size of the fair was amazing how lucky you all are. On the second weekend in November I'm on the Cocker stand for the Pet Expo promoting the cocker with my two. What I'm after is some nice photos of the cockers maybe with awards/titles they have won. I'm still on my soap box that cockers are not fluffy lap dogs( well we know they are that too) and are hunting/working dogs the stand is run by the cocker club here and is only interested in show dogs. So with permission would like to show Australians that they are working dogs. To my surprise even some of the breeders here did'nt know that they were flushing dogs  >:D not that they even knew what that was. So any pics anyone has would be wonderful, only no live/dead game the do gooders might throw me out of the Expo :005:. I have an old article from the USA, Tittled Show dogs do hunt, as I only know of 3 working cockers in Aust. Just want to promote getting out with your dog trying Gundog Working Tests, Agility and Obedience at least , so any articles also would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
Re: pics and articles
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »
Would photos retreiving canvas dummies be any good?

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline LakesUk

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
Orrin retrieving in water  :D

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x19/LakesUk/?action=view&current=P1000324.jpg

Ok, it's only a stick, but it's all part of their training.

Andy.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
I have hundreds of photos of mine retrieving and working, pm me if you want me to send you some.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/