Author Topic: grumpy mum  (Read 1446 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
grumpy mum
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
Hi all, day was fine Indi was all hyped up ready to go to agility, get there and she does a a few jumps and is then totally not interested (she used to love agility) now since she has found a few rabbits, and is constantly lizard/skink hunting seems to be not interested in anything except hunting is this the norm hunting takes over from everything. Her obedience is good still, but she used to enjoy flyball, and agility but seems to have turned off everything but hunting. Which is great, I'm not complaining but she used to be an all rounder now nothing seems to please her. Or thought number 2 females just calm down at 3 she doesn't seem as active, she used to just want to run and jump everything in site now the nose is down tail going should I just give up on agility with her.

Confussed, she used to be the hyper one, now Kody who is 2 and was very quiet is now my resident hyper dog, he loves flyball, agility but not really into hunting.
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: grumpy mum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
She sounds a bit like Tilly, except that Tilly was never an agility dog, she's built for comfort rather than speed  :005:  She was 3 last October and she is also very single minded about her hunting, it's her favourite thing in the world and pretty much only a retrieving session is better than hunting (she's retrieving obsessed). Nose down tail going pretty much describes her to a tee! I would persevere with the agility etc. for a while with her but if she really doesn't seem to be enjoying it then I wouldn't make her do it. On the other hand though it could just be a phase she's going through and she'll 'switch on' to it again so it's worth keeping it up for a wee while anyway.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Rich

• Site Member
  • Pip
Re: grumpy mum
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

Just as a thought has she just come out or due to go into a season???

As my little bitch has just gone thro the same thing with her first season with hunting and retrieving this has
now finished after 6 weeks and she is back to her self, at one point i thought all of her interest in hunting had gone
and i was starting to panic.... :005:

just a thought

Rich   :blink: