Author Topic: So proud of my little man!  (Read 2322 times)

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
So proud of my little man!
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:51:08 PM »
Sorry guys, just need to tell you all what a wonderful weekend I've had with Moss  :luv:

I took him out for an evening duck flight and he was very well behaved sitting quietly next to me in a hedge for ages ph34r
Then just as the light was going a group of geese came flying in to the lake and I shot one  :D  My little Mr Moss went off swimming into the lake and retrieved the (huge!  :o ) goose for me. The goose was at least twice the size of him, but Moss has really got the hang of picking up large quarry now  :D I'm soooo proud of him.

He then went on to retrieve a mallard from the far end of the lake which my god father shot  :angel:

So Moss had a great evening, I had a great evening and we now have a wonderful wild goose to look forward to eating at Christmas  :blink:

Moss was unfortunately too busy relaxing in front of the fire to help me pluck the blinkin' birdie, so the next thing on the training list is going to be teaching Moss how to pluck game!  :shades:  I'm glad I only shot the one goose, two would have seen me plucking feathers until the early hours of this morning! Anyone need any pillow stuffing material?!!!  ::)

Mary xxx

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
Re: So proud of my little man!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »
Well done little man  :luv:

Aww you must be so proud  :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:51:27 PM »
Aaaw, well done Moss - I bet he was exhausted after all that swimmin' and heavy liftin' - no wonder he needed a rest.  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
Brilliant, well done Moss, I hope you enjoy your goose for Christmas and Moss gets his share too  ;)

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
Well done Moss, that's brilliant :shades: :luv:  I need to get my backside in gear and get the dogs out again, it's gone a bit by the board in the last couple of weeks.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cotswold Girl

• Site Member
  • The Cotswold Crazy Gang
    • Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »
Well done moss
Rhyannon, Spec, Broc, Shrek, Tilly-Bob & Wellie
NESSR Rehoming Co-ordinator.
Registered Charity No: 1121569 Charity Registered In Scotland No. SC040037

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »
Brilliant, well done Moss, I hope you enjoy your goose for Christmas and Moss gets his share too  ;)

I think between Moss and Bella they'd inhale a roast goose in about 20 seconds! Maybe I'll have to take them out goose shooting a few more times, only Moss and Bella can pluck and roast their own gooses if they want some!  :shades:  ph34r  :005:

The next game installment for Moss will probably be a day or two pheasant shooting and then a couple of mixed days on duck, partridge and woodcock, and possibly a few rabbits in between. I can't tell you how much he enjoys shoot days  :D he doesn't stop wiggling with pleasure from start to finish  :luv:

Mary xxx

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Well done  :D :D

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
Well done Moss  :D Goose for tea then ;)
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
Superb, clever boy, nothing better than a doggy loving his job  :luv:  :luv:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:08:00 AM »
  I'm glad I only shot the one goose, two would have seen me plucking feathers until the early hours of this morning! Anyone need any pillow stuffing material?!!!  ::)

Mary xxx

Aren't you glad it wasn't a pheasant??  :005: :005:  Well done Moss.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »
  I'm glad I only shot the one goose, two would have seen me plucking feathers until the early hours of this morning! Anyone need any pillow stuffing material?!!!  ::)

Mary xxx

Aren't you glad it wasn't a pheasant??  :005: :005:  Well done Moss.

I'd take a pheasant to pluck instead of a goose any day!!!  :lol2: (I probs won't be saying this when I've got a pile of pheasants to pluck in front of me in a couple of weeks time!  ph34r )  Mr Moss on the other hand loves to air kiss the feathers that float around the kitchen and often accumulates quite a considerable feather mustache before he comes waggling over for some help to remove the offending feathers from his shnoz  :luv: so he loves it when birdies are being plucked  :angel:

Mary xxx

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »

I think between Moss and Bella they'd inhale a roast goose in about 20 seconds! Maybe I'll have to take them out goose shooting a few more times, only Moss and Bella can pluck and roast their own gooses if they want some!  :shades:  ph34r  :005:

The next game installment for Moss will probably be a day or two pheasant shooting and then a couple of mixed days on duck, partridge and woodcock, and possibly a few rabbits in between. I can't tell you how much he enjoys shoot days  :D he doesn't stop wiggling with pleasure from start to finish  :luv:

Mary xxx

Sounds like you have game pie coming up  very soon yum :D Keep up the good work and keep us posted how you get on with Moss, it is great to hear his sucesses in the field and that he is enjoying so much what he was bred to do. Well done to you both.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.