Author Topic: Grade 1 Training Dissapointment  (Read 1292 times)

Offline milly

• Donator
Grade 1 Training Dissapointment
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »
I feel a bit dissapointed and annoyed and just wanted to let off steam.
I booked to do Grade 1 of the Gundog Club training starting on Monday and as I work and its held in the evening, I wouldn't get home from work in time, pick Paddy up and get there for the class so I booked 8 days annual leave to cover the training days and exam.

Last week I got an email to say they were now offerring £40 off my course, but it didn't apply to me as I'd already paid :o and if I cancelled at such short notice I'd lose more than that in a booking fee. I was annoyed to think I'd be stood next to someone who'd paid £40 less than me and thought it might have been fairer to give a reduction to all 6 in the group, but I couldn't do anything about it so never mind.

On Tuesday I got another email from them telling me that as not all the places were taken the course was now postponed to mid July :'(. I can't change my annual leave at such short notice so now I can't attend and feel really miffed. I know its not their fault and they want to sell all the places so the course is viable to run but its such a pain that I booked the days off as annual leave and now the course dates as changed.

Because they changed the dates they're sending me a full refund so I haven't lost any money but I'm still dissappointed, the other courses are too far for me to attend.

I still have one to one lessons with a trainer but the main thing for me was the fact that I wanted to build on him working in a small group and this would have been ideal.
Milly

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Grade 1 Training Dissapointment
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
What a pain that is - no wonder you are miffed, cancelling at such short notice. Do you think maybe others that had paid the whole price rebelled.  :huh:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline mcphee

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
I'd be so annoyed. Poor you.

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
I still have one to one lessons with a trainer but the main thing for me was the fact that I wanted to build on him working in a small group and this would have been ideal.

Does your trainer have any other clients with young dogs at the grade 1ish level or close to that? If so, you could suggest to your trainer that you'd really enjoy a group training session where some of the other clients come with their dogs and you all have a training session together  ;)

Sorry that your course fell through  :-\ There are a fair few good gun dog trainers in Yorkshire/Cumbria, so if you want other well trained dogs to be working at the same time as you are working Paddy  then it might be worth contacting some of these trainers and asking them if they'd consider doing a training session or two with you and Paddy whilst having their own trained dogs as stooge distractions etc...  :blink:

Good luck.

Mary xxx

Offline milly

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

Does your trainer have any other clients with young dogs at the grade 1ish level or close to that? If so, you could suggest to your trainer that you'd really enjoy a group training session where some of the other clients come with their dogs and you all have a training session together  ;)

Good luck.

Mary xxx

Thanks Mary, thats what I did, I contacted my trainer, told him what happenned and he said he had been thinking about group sessions. He put a post on his web page and there is so interest but its just a one off training evening he's planning up to now and the dogs will be all differant gundog breeds and ages.
Its better than nothing though, I just hope he keeps it small.
Milly