Author Topic: Looking for a trainer-advice needed  (Read 1013 times)

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
Looking for a trainer-advice needed
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »
Right you guys being the fonts of all Cocker knowledge must be able to help me- Fred is turning into a lil hell hound out on walks and I have finally admitted to myself that we both need to do some more training. I am at a loss as to where to start??

What is the best way to go about findin a good gundog trainer in my local area (Elgin/Moray)
How much should one on one sessions cost?
I wont be working him but think that maybe he needs more stimulation so gundog training prob the best/first thing to try? (or have you any alternative ideas!)

Thanks for your help

LIsa

PS We did go to puppy class when he was younger but the class size was so big and he wasnt a fan of the rattle bottles some people insisted on using (I dont prefer bribery as a training method ;)) that I was quite disheartened by it all and never bothered going back...
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Looking for a trainer-advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
Try the Gundog Club, they have a list of trainers and most of them are pretty good... www.thegundogclub.co.uk   The cost can vary, for individual tuition I've heard of anything from £20 an hour up to about £45 but I would say £30 would be about average. I think some gundog training would be a good idea for him but I would say that wouldn't I :lol2:

You could always just put him on the train to Edinburgh for a few weeks :005: :luv:

Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline mcphee

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
Good luck, and as the owner of the original hell hound, I would say you are doing exactly the right thing.

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

You could always just put him on the train to Edinburgh for a few weeks :005: :luv:

You could always come stay at the beach with you and yours for a few weeks and as much as Fred drives me nuts I couldnt be without him so sorry he wont be goin on his hols down to his Auntie Nic's unless he really misbehaves ;) :D :D

Will def try the site though- was hoping someone might have a personal recommendation as this is all new to me
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce