Author Topic: ohmygodohmygodohmygod  (Read 2035 times)

Offline hanandhen

ohmygodohmygodohmygod
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »
Have just been invited along to a shoot - v low-key, with a buddy to follow about for the day who knows me and Hen well:o

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! :o

Little does he know, that spaniel snoozing on the sofa next to me, that the Day of Reckoning is nigh... well, nigh-ish, we can't go to this one due to training (I want to have a go with the trainer and her starting pistol before we dive right in). EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: ohmygodohmygodohmygod
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:06 PM »
Congratulations, don't forget to act as though you have been doing it all your life.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
Congratulations, don't forget to act as though you have been doing it all your life.

Or alternatively deny ownership of Hen  ph34r
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
You will have a great time :D

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »

Damn, you guessed my cunning plan ph34r

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
Enjoy  :D and let us know how much  :lol2:

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:12:45 PM »

Damn, you guessed my cunning plan ph34r

That was my second choice.

Offline stephremon

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
Congratulations!

Enjoy it (I know you will!) and good luck :D xxxx

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
Just seen this because my laptops been down,congratulations you must be very excited,Bensons having his first shoot soon too and I know I am.Hope everything goes well and you have a great time :D

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
I am very excited :D Went for a 1-2-1 the other day and we got the dummy launcher out - I was a bit worried about how he would take to the noise, but immediately he realised that the bangs meant DUMMIES! FALLING FROM THE SKY MUM!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance04: and he was absolutely fine :luv:

Good luck with Benson!

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 09:44:23 PM »
OMG, it is more than a week until we go, and I am so nervous! What am I going to be like the night before... He has been really good when we're on our own and really naughty in company lately ph34r I fear the worst...  :fear2:

Offline JohnW

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »
OMG, it is more than a week until we go, and I am so nervous! What am I going to be like the night before... He has been really good when we're on our own and really naughty in company lately ph34r I fear the worst...  :fear2:

Is it possible you are nervous and excited in company and he is reacting to your handling ?....... while in company???  ph34r ...... maybe mum needs to calm down a wee bit ....  ;)   I take it he will be on a lead on your first shoot..... might be an idea and you possibly need to try and have the same attitude and composure you have when you are alone training with him.... however I know through past experience its always different when in company as we all like our dogs and our own handling to show us in a positive light while with experienced dog handlers in a group situation ..... But you might not get to your first shoot if this snow keeps up  ph34r ;) hope it goes well for yah.

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
JohnW, you are totally right ph34r. I really don't want to end up looking too much of a prat and he is picking up on this for sure! Plus the snow drives him bonkers with excitement anyway :doh:

I have to get from Norfolk to Leicestershire to go (that's dedication for ya) so there are no guarantees of anything... though I do have some friends with huskies, so if I set out now... :005: