Author Topic: Lulu's Adventures at Ragley Hall  (Read 1738 times)

Offline AndreaB

Lulu's Adventures at Ragley Hall
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
Well I was thinking of going to Ragley Hall somewhere over the severn bridge & I have to tell you it should have remained as a thought. You have to picture the scene three nicely spaced areas 1 for the 5 dummy retrieve, then over the bales & next to that was the launcher, then on the far side the 2 dummy retrieve. I can't think why but Lulu did not fill me with confidence today wondering which head she would have on working, fluffy, carefree I feared it would be the latter. It would not be long before these were to be realised. I started over the bales & fair play she was quite quick but with bigger dogs to come her time would always be beatable. Then we moved onto the launcher & again she was very keen & went out like a rocket, on this launcher they had placed a couple of piles of branches as a bit of a decoy which had the desired effect of slowing the dogs down. Anyway then we moved on to a simple 2 dummy retrieve so she was all set up to go I sent her out & to my horror she swings around & crosses the 2 other rings & retrieves a dummy from the 5 dummy retrieve & brings that back yes she did bring it all the way back never mind said the woman running it sendher out again, at this point there was some poor soul having a go on the launcher & as it was fired off Lulu with a rocket stuck well & truely up her a*** for extra speed headed off & had the dummy from the launcher back at my feet before the poor dog whose turn it was had got half way up the field. By this time I could only appologise & decided to give up handing the dummy to the poor man who had to come & retrieve it from a very excited Lulu.  The rest of the day we spent watching the events & looking round the trade stands, before we left for home Stephen said have one more go she's probably tired now & will listen!!!! Big mistake, having paid my £2 I thought I would give the 5 dummy retieve a go as on the other side, I told the man if any body is on the launcher I wil lneed to wait no problem he said & off we went 1,2 then the third things were looking much more promising not fast but no problem I just wanted to complete, the guy said to me she's doing well & then guess what yes that launcher went off & that was it Lulu disappearing out of where she was meant to be man nor beast could have got to the launcher dummy before her, handing back the dummy to same man from earlierI made a hasty retreat from the ring & the game fair. It can only be said now that Lulu is my practice dog & Tia is the real deal. : )  Still I'm sure I gave a few people a bloody good laugh.   

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Lulu's Adventures at Ragley Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »
Sounds like that was a day to be at - wish I had been there to see Lulu

Think she prefers the launcher  :005:

Awww I am sure everyone had a good time even those that Lulu stole the day from

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
well.....the other dog was far too slow  ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
Couple of things Andrea has failed to mention, is I was left to look after the real thing Tia, who proceeded to do cartwheels on the end of her lead trying to get the dummies herself. She has also not mentioned that the week before at Thame she was 6th in over the bales, 3rd in the launcher and she won the novice multi scurry with Lulu  So we were expecting great things!!!! How wrong can you be. So far the year reads as South West show utter chaos doing her own thing
Thame as mentioned
Ragley Hall as above
My question is which Andrea/Lulu will turn up at the next one. Report to follow in a couple of weeks after Andrea persuades me that it's worth going and promises me that Lulu will behave. We can all live in hope

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
Your girls obviously love scurries - would love to see some pics  :luv: :luv:

I think Lulu sounds fabulous - just has some youthful enthusiasm to rein in  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x

Offline harveyroan

• little harvey
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »
It must be a cocker thing :lol2:. I went to selby gamefair last week and thought I'd put Harvey in the scurry. First run he didn't mark the retrieve and decided to have a pee and poo ph34r. Second run was like a bullet out for the first retrieve but decided to have a pee on the way back AGAIN >:( second retrieve perfect :angel:. Our third run he was out like a bullet then decided to have ANOTHER poo and take the retrieve to some on lookers >:D. All good fun for the spectators. :005:

I gave Harvey some slack though it was his first ever attempt at a scurry

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »
Oh come on, you don't call that a bad go at the scurry do you... everyone went home with their own lunches, after all :005:

Offline redlottie

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:12 PM »
We too had some issues at Ragley hall with Albie deciding to run across all of the events after retrieving a dummy from the long retrieve when he should have been going over the bales.

Have to say it didnt help that each event was so close to the other as we saw lots of dogs breaking across events.

Still as you say Andrea gives everyone a laugh, whether they are laughing at what the dog did or the fact we were trying to take it seriously and the dogs just didnt care - who knows  :005: