Author Topic: We had a go in the scurry  (Read 2012 times)

Offline hanandhen

We had a go in the scurry
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
Oh. My. God. ph34r

http://diaryofatoerag.blogspot.com/2011/04/return-of-masked-picnic-raider.html

Read this, and feel better about your dog... :doh:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: We had a go in the scurry
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2:  Nice one Henry.

If it makes you feel any better I entered Caoimhe in a double-retrieve scurry at a game fair last year and she acted like she'd never retrieved anything before. She managed to get the first one but then she decided to just run around aimlessly; in fairness to her she was right in her pre-season dippy airhead week but if she'd been judged on that performance she'd never have got anywhere near a field trial let alone won one :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
That's as may be, but at least she didn't decide to become a one dog crime wave :005:

He's lucky I love him, or I would have had him made into a hearthrug by now ;)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »
 :005: sounds hilarious although I know i'd be very embarassed if it was Freya (glad it wasn't). Upmost respect to you for giving it a go, I wouldn't have had the guts  :lol2:

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
I was led astray by my family! I had already said never again after the first time, last year, when the lady running the scurry had to tackle him :005: So actually, this represents an improvement. I am confident that within ten years or so, we will be able to have an uneventful go at the scurry :005:

It was nice though, the atmosphere was lovely, it was all about having a go and no one was snooty :blink: The competitor before me had a lab that lolloped about ignoring the dummies, then had a poop behind the cover ;) And in the short obstacle scurry, one of the spaniels grabbed the dummy but then jumped right out of the arena and ran all the way around the whole row of scurries to bring it back :005:

We got the biggest cheer though :shades:

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:39:43 PM »
p.s. love the way you wrote it, could imagine the scene perfectly  :005:

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Thank you :blink:

Oh and I forgot! One of the other novice competitors got the first dummy and chucked it in the bucket, then when she tried to send her dog for the second, she (the dog I mean) nicked the first dummy out of the bucket and gave it back to her mum! Clever girly, very energy efficient :luv: :005:

Offline wendyt

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
Reading this reminded me of Murphy's first scurry last summer. We were a bit nervous standing in line waiting for his turn, and the guy infront of us was giving us advice and so on. Obviously I was listening intently as he seemed to know his stuff and had 2 lovely springers and a beautiful black lab. Anyway his turn came and he sent off the first of the springers, out of the arena he went completely ignoring the dummy had a frenzied run around and came back in ignoring the dummy again and sat down next to the owner. I must say I was trying hard to hide my snorting. Next the other springer, he did marginally better by not going out of the arena but picked the dummy up and had a big poo at the same time. The lab just had to go one better and had a wee in the organisers dummy bag and refused to go out for the dummy at all!!! Murphy well he did it in 12 seconds, not bad for his first attempt.

This year Murphy did it in 10 sceonds, which I was pleased with, but I thought I'd give my 8 month old pup Indy a go for fun. I was preparing myself for a disaster but my little lad did it in 5.5 seconds!!!! And came joint first, boy was I proud. :D

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »
He was obviously being thoughtful enough to teach those fools with the picnic a valuable life lesson.  :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll forget and do it all over again and have another catalogue of flashbacks to torment you... I know this because it's how I've lived the last 10 years :005:

Henry that was CLASS, Dave wants to know if you fancy a night out on the town?

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:10:08 PM »
OMG, Henry and Dave out together, lock up your... everything! :005:

Wendyt, that has made me lol :005: Gotta love 'em (or you'd shoot 'em!) ;)