Author Topic: Liver & white  (Read 2494 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
Liver & white
« on: July 04, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
I've seen some pics of lovely liver & white & liver & white ticked if that's what they are called. I just thinking about talking OH into another cocker but I would like to get a worker this time I have two show male & female. Are the liver/white coloured from particular breeders about to start really researching breeders. Also does anyone know if the French are into working with Cockers in the field and do they have field trials?Am I correct in saying the workers are easier to groom as no clipping/stripping required or is this also some lines more than others as I seen on COL workers being clipped? Also interested in opinions of whether to get Male or female. I'm more thinking male as my girl smarter then my boy but he is easier to train and more willing or rather she trains well picks things up very quick but then when it comes down to it she will still hunt her way not mine  and he takes a little longer to pick things up but then is more willing and wanting to please me. He is a quiet boy and she is hyperactive. I know this is a broad statement but I heard other trainers say boys are better for field work more constant.
Thanks for replies in advance  :D
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Liver & white
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
My SIL's dog is liver and white - to  completely and utterly honest it's my least favourite colour for a worker simply because they spend their lives being mistaken for a springer.  It's not that they're unattractive - far from it.

Her coat is much easier to manage than Jarv's solid liver coat which is a nightmare to be frank (because it is fine and quite springer like  ;) )

here she is
- same sire as Jarvis

and here she is with her litter mate (the shaved liver roan) and Jarvis.

as for bitch or male that's completely up to you - I think you need to work with some before you decide on a working cocker to be honest as the drive between a working cocker and a show cocker can be quite dramatic.
helen & jarvis x

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
Sorry to hijack but OMG she is stunning :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:29:08 PM »
Sorry to hijack but OMG she is stunning :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

sorry from me too but have to agree  :luv: ..but then all 3 are pretty gorgeous dogs   :shades: :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
she's a cutie  :lol2:  but Rachel does get sick of - 'isn't she a diddy springer?'   :lol2:  Fudge and her brother are very like their mum right down to their broad chests, while Jarv looks exactly like his dad  ;)

Don't you love Jarv's 'I'm so bored' look in the last pic?

ps I do love a liver roan though when I think about it Mitch get's mistaken for a springer sometimes and so does Jarvis  :005:
helen & jarvis x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
sorry to hijack but are you moving again - france?
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »
???Possibility  think I'm just being hopeful  secretly wishing for it as I did so much training with my 2 show cockers just about reaching trial standard (for field trials in Australia) then we moved to Italy and no spaniel trials. If it happens I could get a worker puppy and start again and start learning a  French and blah blah blah blah the list goes on  cross your fingers for me.
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
???Possibility  think I'm just being hopeful  secretly wishing for it as I did so much training with my 2 show cockers just about reaching trial standard (for field trials in Australia) then we moved to Italy and no spaniel trials. If it happens I could get a worker puppy and start again and start learning a  French and blah blah blah blah the list goes on  cross your fingers for me.

crossing my fingers  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline archiedog

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 03:18:30 PM »

sorry from me too but have to agree  :luv: ..but then all 3 are pretty gorgeous dogs   :shades: :luv:

I'm not sorry...STUNNNNNNING!!!! i want i want i want :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
well, i may be a little biased but i lurve the liver and whites (as you see from my pic) we do get the odd person asking if he's a springer pup but it was really when he was a pup himself that people couldnt tell the difference. Spaniel owners can tell he's a cocker now. I do have to strip him - the fur on the liver patches is obvious when its dead and ready to be stripped as it turns lighter in colour and dries out and looks a mess (in my opinion) the white just needs a little trim on his bib and feathering.  Obviously because he's in the woods etc all the time he needs brushing daily but thats not a long job....depending on whether he goes for a dip in the brook, or what he finds to roll in  >:D

Girl or boy I cant help with as Ive always had boys. Jerry is super laid back and now at the ripe old age of 3 a dream to walk out with. We dont work him but practice retreives etc in the woods and fields behind our house and he thrives on it. In the house he just wants to cuddle!!! a traite inherited from his dad we are told  :luv:
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX