Author Topic: Lulu's latest adventure scurrying at the CLA  (Read 1667 times)

Offline AndreaB

Lulu's latest adventure scurrying at the CLA
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
After picking up 3 2nds at the last scurry we attended (Glan Usk) was prepared for another let down (see Lulu's Adventures at Ragley Hall, this was after a 1st 3rd and 6th at Thame). Anyway this is it in an abridged version.
Fantastic day at CLA gamefair not enough time to get round it all, Lulu went in the open scurry & used up her 3 minutes playing, had a bit of a swim, a mad run about at high speed, investigated the bushes throughly, a pee & oh yes she did bring a dummy (after she had also collected the other one and decided it was not to her liking and spat it out) by which time we had been disqualified (must remember to buy a new whistle as obviously the one I have can only be heard by us humans and not Cockers).   Then it was onto the trade stands & some serious retail therapy. Great day.

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Lulu's latest adventure scurrying at the CLA
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
She forgot to add she left me with Tia the bush kangaroo jumping around like a looney. or the fact she spent over £50 on the latest dummies, new toys, and various other bits and bobs for the cockers. Then to top it all I left her at 5 to go back to the car with the hooligans, while she went to get a cold drink and maybe a crepe or two. To arrive at the car clutching a carrier with Barbour all over it (suddenly dawned my wallet was in her bag). To find that she paid £250 for a new jacket to walk the dogs in (was told 1 it was a bargain, 2 its my birthday in september 3 Its good therapy after whta Lulu put me through) .  So wont be on here muchfor the next couple of months be too busy working trying to make the money back.  >:(
To add salt to the wound just been told I have a weekend off and but there is one on the 7th and another on the 8th of August we are attending  :huh: :huh:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
woo hoo - keep up the good work Lulu and Tia - I love hearing about your cocker adventures :clapping: (and well done Andrea on the new jacket  :lol2: )

Sorry Steve  :005:

helen & jarvis x

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »
 :005: :005: Well done on your 3 2nds Lulu. It sounds like you had fun at CLA  :005: ph34r
Enjoy you're new barbour, I am with Andrea on this one they are a neccessity for dog walking. I've just got a lightweight summer barbour and I love it. Enjoy you're weekend off Steve  :005:  ;)

Offline AndreaB

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
Glad somebody else knows the importance of good outdoor clothing   ;)   I do wish we had more time at the CLA as we spent a few hours sat on the banking watching the scurry events so many cockers walking around I just love this breed.

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
we spent a few hours sat on the banking watching the scurry events so many cockers walking around I just love this breed.

I did this too, and I could quite happily stayed there all day  :D