Author Topic: Next weekend  (Read 1706 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Next weekend
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
I know I do not get many replies but at least it is being read.
This weekend is the Welsh Scurry Challenge
Time: ‎9:00AM Sunday, August 14th
Doesnt cost anything to get in and all it is are various scurries from out and out novice competitions and others for the more serious (there is a cost to enter of a couple of pound).
Worth popping in just to watch or even if you want to see what this scurrying lark is all about.
Lulu will be competeting with the big dogs and this will be Tia's first try (should be a laugh) at the novice.

Saturday is the Heart of Wales.
Wish me luck as Andrea cannot go as she has volunteered to help set up the show above for the Sunday. So I am going to run Lulu. This is my first time in a scurry with her as up till now I have been the chauffer, water boy, Tia holder, supporter and gets throughally entertained when Andrea's little angel decides to do her own thing (see earlier postings and topics)  when the deafness comes on her (must take her to the vet for that one day).

Offline seaangler

Re: Next weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
Sorry

Just realize what it was we call it Sculling down hear :lol2: same diference...
We see it at Chatsworth county showground...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
:) sounds like you're going to have a great time!!! Am sure your girl will be a little angel for you  ;) and if not, well I'm sure it will be a chuckle  :shades:
Good luck... and I expect a full report on Sunday!  ;) (Pics would be great!!!)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline penguins87

• My Girls- Beau,Lottie and Dora
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »
Hi Steve

No idea what a scurry challenge was / is so been and done a bit google ing and hey it looks a lot of fun and hard work too I'm sure . All the best with LuLu and as Maggie said some pictures would be great .

Fingers crossed for a good turnout and the weather
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his
life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the
last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such
devotion."
--Unknown

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
Sounds like you've been thrown in the deep end Steve  :lol2:
All the best of luck with LuLu & Tia (are you running Tia too? ) & you never know - LuLu may turn out to be a daddies girl & put on a perfect performance for you  :luv:  ;)  However she does, I hope you have great fun & enjoy the experience ...would love to come & watch events like these but this is a tad too far away  ph34r
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies
No Tia can only cope with one cocker at a time
Had my first 90 minute lesson with my other half tonight
No doubt she will tell you how I got on as I am now going to lay down in a darkened room

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies
No doubt she will tell you how I got on as I am now going to lay down in a darkened room

:005: It won't be as bad as you fear I'm sure!  Would love to go and watch a scurry one day... unfortunately blackpools a tad far  :shades: :005:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
You'll be fine  :D  just enjoy it, that's what it's all about  ;)

Offline AndreaB

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
Ha, typical man thought it would be easy (& always telling me what I am doing wrong) I've spent the last 15 mths 3 times a week for 2 hrs at a time &more & he says I'll run Lulu at Heart of Wales show, just show me what to do!! And so I did :005: :005: :005: & my little girlie was all to willing to go out & return all her dummies to me :lol: :lol: :lol: still perhaps when I'm not there she might just work for him, we shall see.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »
Ha, typical man thought it would be easy (& always telling me what I am doing wrong) I've spent the last 15 mths 3 times a week for 2 hrs at a time &more & he says I'll run Lulu at Heart of Wales show, just show me what to do!! And so I did :005: :005: :005: & my little girlie was all to willing to go out & return all her dummies to me :lol: :lol: :lol: still perhaps when I'm not there she might just work for him, we shall see.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: You wicked woman!!!!  :005:
Lisa & Maggie x

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: You wicked woman!!!!  :005:

:005: :005:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »
Huh its ok for you lot to laugh. I reckon she had some secret signal that made the dog return to her and is not telling me.
Now she informs me that I can't have another lesson until Friday night as she is busy the next two nights.
What you may ask is more important than helping me
Having her hair done tonight and tomorrow night taking our 8 year old niece riding. She needs to priortise
oh and to add to my woes who did Lulu wake at 4.30am this morning to run round the garden with Tia playing mad Cockers while I stood at the backdoor shouting in a whisper (autumns coming it was a bit nippy). To then race past me into the house. Visited the bathroom went to climb into bed and was greeted by two furry bodies in my place tucked up to there mother dead to the world. After much shoving and pushing managed to get back into my bed.
 Now the boiler has decided to pack in after Andrea's shower so no hot water = no shower for me!
Wheres that darkened room :doh: :doh:

Offline wendyt

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
SteveB at least your 2 get tucked into your bed, my boys run from room to room and bounce on all the beds, finally finishing off with a playfight when they escape up there in the middle of the night. :-\
A few months back I thought it would be nice letting the boys go up to see their Dad after being let out at 6am on a Sunday morning. Things didn't work out quite so well after they lept on him and pushed a wet, smelly half plucked pheasant (a fluffy toy) in his face and started to playfight on top of the bed whilst he was still in it. :D

What a joy these little dogs are!!! :luv:

Good luck running Lulu this weekend, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies

:005: It won't be as bad as you fear I'm sure!  Would love to go and watch a scurry one day... unfortunately blackpools a tad far  :shades: :005:

Ummm - BlackWOOD!!! (10 miles north of Cardiff  ph34r)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
Missed that one thought they were in Blackpool