Author Topic: New Insurances - Questions  (Read 3898 times)

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
Re: New Insurances - Questions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »
After spending weeks looking into insurance for Mason I decided on HSBC.  It costs me £13.43 per month.  The cover level is very good £75 excess, lifetime cover - upto £7500 per year. 
Elaine & Mason X

Offline BabyB

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 08:20:54 AM »
currently pricin insureance for my 2 liverpool victoria is the cheapest so far comin in at £31.66 for lifetime cover £5000 per condition sainsbarys looks good to at £33.89 and it includes dental look around some give u 10%/20% for buyin online floyd came with pet plan to but changed him after a while as it was expensive
leeann

Personally I have always been with Petplan lifetime cover

I cannot fault Petplan from my own experiences for claiming.  
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Carol09

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
Yeah, I have also just this minute gone with HSBC, same price as you.  Healthy pets wanted £16.43, Halifax/Morethan wanted £16 and petplan were just extortinate at £20 per month.  Because we had 6 weeks free pet ins with Petplan and it's coming to the end, they have been phoning me twice per week for 3 weeks now, I had ago at them saying they were overpriced and stop harrassing me >:(  At least it's done now. :D

Offline SandraD

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
Do most people go for yearly insurance rather than a whole life policy?  I understand that if you are unfortunate enough to have a dog fall ill with a long term condition then a life policy would probably be better ,otherwise any other insurance company wouldn't cover the pre-existing condition.  Just trying to weigh up all the pros and cons - insurance is a minefield!

I have to agree Carol09 I wasn't very impressed with the chap that called me from Petplan.  He made no attempt to conceal the fact that he was reading from a "script", not helped by his slip up when he read the same three paragraphs at least twice! :o  He didn't inspire me with confidence that he knew what he was talking about either - I know most probably don't but he didn't even try!

Back to the slog of ringing around/searching the net!  I will be SO glad once I have sorted this out!

Offline Helen_Marsden

• Limited Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »
Im so glad this thread was started....everyone must be in the same boat?
I had my renewal through for my boxer dog and the premium has more that doubled now costing £44 per month, couldn't belive it. This is M&S who have every year so far doubled the premium and increased the excess.
Having two boxers this is sure going to add up...our boxer bitch renewal is due in a few weeks and no doubt will be the same, we have got to keep her on the M&S insurance as she is on medication for life...although I do wonder if putting the money in a savings account would work out cheaper in long run???
Also have a new cocker coming home in one week, so need to get her insurance after her free 6 weeks runs out.....
I have had a competative life cover quote from 'helpucover.co.uk' but will check out HSBC and others recommended.
Thanks all, will let you know....

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »
Just insured my two last week with virgin, harley is 20.45 a month and rio who is neutered is 15.30 a month, this is their highest level of cover.  You get a 5% discount for a second dog and 10% discount for buying online.  They are EXTREMELY helpful when you phone and when I missed a payment last year they didn't stop the cover - just went with it until I managed to make up the difference.

Used to be with Petplan but was very disappointed when I had to claim because on top of the huge monthly payments and the excess, they only pay 80% of the total claim!

I must admit, I was tempted by LV as I have had to deal with them recently for something else and you get a real personal service so top marks to LV & Virgin for customer service.

Lu

Offline Carol09

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »
Just insured my two last week with virgin, harley is 20.45 a month and rio who is neutered is 15.30 a month, this is their highest level of cover.  You get a 5% discount for a second dog and 10% discount for buying online.  They are EXTREMELY helpful when you phone and when I missed a payment last year they didn't stop the cover - just went with it until I managed to make up the difference.

I never thought about Virgin, it's seems on par with HSBC.  I did a quick quote on line and they wanted £14.39 per month for their top cover which isn't too bad and theres no time limit on paying out for illnesses.  I am still happy I have gone with HSBC as they offer £1k more on vets bills and £1.00 less per month but I will definitley look at both companies again next year. :D

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
I was with Virgin for my dobie (£26pm approx) £6000 per condition, £60 excess & £60 compulsory excess.  Was a for life policy, just had to keep renewing. Had to recently completely use up the £6000 excess (in three weeks  :o).  They were very nice and paid the lot very quickly.

Tiffany cocker I've insured with AXA, (£13pm approx) £7000 per year, £75 excess, life policy.  Have now moved the dobie over to AXA too (£28pm - had gone up to £33pm with Virgin), her condition isn't covered with AXA, but it wouldn't have been with Virgin as I'd used up the 'per condition'. 

My reasons being that if either of them get really ill, and the £7000 is used up one year, it starts again the next year.  Unlike the situation I'm in at the moment scraping together over £300 pm for dobies medication with no light on the horizon.  Love her to bits tho,  :luv:, she's worth every penny

Offline Helen_Marsden

• Limited Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »
Well HSBC came in the best at £24.31, thats life cover so no end of payments if needed!
Really have to read the T&C, alot of the insurances only cover up to a maximum amount per illness, even if they claim to be life cover.

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »
if i have not made a claim can i change my pet insurance as i am with pet plain and pay £33.48 for life time cover not sue what the excess is i am going to look into this

Offline BabyB

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »
if i have not made a claim can i change my pet insurance as i am with pet plain and pay £33.48 for life time cover not sue what the excess is i am going to look into this
You need to let the insurer know of any illnesses, so whilst you might not have claimed, if they've been to the vet for anthing other than jabs, then you need to disclose it - as far as I know.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »
he has had no illness so can i change insurance companies

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »
Yes you can  :lol2:  As long as he hasn't been to the vet for anything other than Jabs.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline BabyB

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
Yes you can  :lol2:  As long as he hasn't been to the vet for anything other than Jabs.
yep  ;)

Offline SandraD

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Well after days of internet research I have finally opted to insure Monty with Liverpool Victoria.  We went for their Premier Policy which gives us £5,000 per condition with no time limit, £2m third party liability, £60 excess plus various other benefits all for just over £17 per month (£203 annually).

Thanks to everyone for their input.  Just in case anyone else is looking LV very helpful, good quotes also obtained from Greenbee, Healthy Pets and HSBC (although had problems logging in to pick up my quotes with HSBC!).