Author Topic: Insurance AGAIN!!!!  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Sprinkles

Insurance AGAIN!!!!
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »
The vet, vet's nurse's and quite a few others recommend Petplan. The reason... "because they have life long cover and not many others cover life long illness's OR the money offered by other companies is a pot and when thats gone its gone OR you'll be excluded for what ever you claim for the next year with most other companies ALSO petplan cover dental" Their quote for budget plan with £24.51 per month for a £4000 renewable "pot" each year!

I don't get it!! I've had a quote from Greenbee! They DO cover life long illness's and DON'T exclude for the next year if you make a claim. Their quote is £16.36 per month for a £7000 renewable "pot" each year! and they cover £500 of accidental dental treatment. (fair enough petplan cover may be better on the dental but I'm going bod eyed looking at the policy document at the moment!!)

WHY WHY WHY should we go with Petplan and get £3000 less cover for a tenner more??  :huh: We'd decided yesterday on petplan but no longer sure! I know vets are on some sort of commission but even the breeder couldn't recommend it highly enough and has all her 5 dogs cover with petplan! She also said they pay out the lump sum per condition so if you had 3 conditions you could claim up to £12K ...WRONG!  >:(
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline Sprinkles

Re: Insurance AGAIN!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:03 PM »
I've just looked up the star rating on the Defaqto website (independent and looks at the quality of a product) and interestingly Petplan has 3 stars and Greenbee has 5!!

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
I LOVE GREENBEE!! I know I sound like a spammer Ive said it so many times but they have been so brilliant with all of Alfies claims - totalling over £4000 this year -always paid by cheque within 2 weeks. And I also had Purdeys renewal quote through and it was LESS, yes LESS than the previous year!  I couldnt believe my eyes. I think they are fab! It will be interesting to see what Alfies renewal is in December after all the claims - I'll keep you posted!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
Oh brilliant stuff!!  :D You're the 1st person I've read about that has made a claim. I know lots of COLers have Greenbee but not heard from anyone who has actually had to claim!

Thank you!  :lol2: