Author Topic: Argos pet insurance  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Argos pet insurance
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »
We changed to Argos pet insurance a few months back and roughly two months ago Ruby had to have a grass dart removed under sedation.
The bill was £165.01,our excess is £65

We are STILL waiting for our £100.01  >:D

Considering we paid by credit card that means we have already paid interest on that £100 and will be doing so again this month i expect  >:(

We rang them and they came out with a lame old excuse that they had a backlog of claims..........

Have any of you have trouble with Argos?
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Sue E

Re: Argos pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
We are with Argos insurance for Ozzy and have never had a problem with them.  Ozzy had to have lots of tests when he was a puppy and they paid promptly.  He's about to go through them again, so I'll let you know what happens !

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
We are with Argos insurance for Ozzy and have never had a problem with them.  Ozzy had to have lots of tests when he was a puppy and they paid promptly.  He's about to go through them again, so I'll let you know what happens !

yes,let me know how you get on,i'm worried as i might be making a substantial claim from them soon  :-\
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline pennylopey

• Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
Oh no!  >:(

We're with Argos and have just last week sent off a claim for £892, hope it doesn't take too long I need that for Christmas!!
Missing Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
I've had a few claims from Argos - they've always been great (and very quick).

Even if they hadn't been, surely it's the vet that should be complaining, not you  :huh: I always get the insurance company to pay the vet direct and just pay the excess  :dunno:

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
I've had a few claims from Argos - they've always been great (and very quick).

Even if they hadn't been, surely it's the vet that should be complaining, not you  :huh: I always get the insurance company to pay the vet direct and just pay the excess  :dunno:

My vets won't do it this way unless you are with Petplan  >:(

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:18 PM »
I joined with Argos last July and fortunately not made a claim, at least not yet.  Problem is, after I joined I just happened to be reading through reviews of various insurance companies and Argos had very poor reviews as they were very slow to pay out.  Hope this is not the case for you now and they pay up soon.  I remember reading on here a while ago that a COL member was unhappy with Argos as they kept telling her they had not received the paperwork even though she had sent it numerous times to them.  Good luck!

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
I always get the insurance company to pay the vet direct and just pay the excess  :dunno:

If only.The vets want paying straight away as i would expect them to really and thought that was usual practice. tbh,i've never heard of insurance companies paying out to the vet(after we have paid the excess),after all it is YOU that is insured with them,not the vet  :huh:

Maybe you are very lucky,or i am extremely unlucky  :-\  ;)

Offline pennylopey

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
I didn't think to ask tbh and just paid it, but I did find out after that our vets are happy to be paid direct.

I don't mind as long as Argos pay up, I had the money at the time and didn't give it a thought, I was just a bit overwhelmed with getting the pupster back I think!  :luv:

If there's a next time I'm sure I won't have the money to pay it myself.  ;)

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 10:31:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that you've had a problem with Argos. I went with them because they had a comprehensive policy and were cheaper than most.

We made a claim and the only problem was that they returned our claim form because the vet hadn't attached the medical history form. It was a bit annoying because they wanted a 1 year history for a 9 month old puppy that hadn't had any other treatment. Hey ho. They paid promptly once they had that.

I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Re; vets being paid direct. I think I've only ever heard of them accepting that from Petplan. Petplan have got the vets in their pocket.

Offline pennylopey

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »
Re; vets being paid direct. I think I've only ever heard of them accepting that from Petplan. Petplan have got the vets in their pocket.

Ours definitely accept from other insurers, I did ask about this when I took Alfie back for his post-op appointment and was told that had I been unable to pay or asked at the time they would have been happy to be paid directly from the insurers. He went as far as to say they'd done this with Argos before and had had no problems.

Just wish I'd had the foresight to ask before I paid!  :doh: Still, hopefully it'll be sorted quickly...

Offline seaangler

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
Also with More than..

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline pennylopey

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
Just to update, we dropped our form off at the vets on 18th Oct, called Argos two weeks later who confirmed they'd received it on 25th but they had a backlog of claims.  ph34r

Yesterday I received a letter saying my claim has been dealt with and I should be getting a cheque within 5 days! Let's hope so, I need it!! :clapping:

Offline tenaille

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »
We checked before taking out the insurance that our vets and referral hospital are happy to deal direct with Argos.  Incidentally Argos was the only policy we found that gives unlimited European cover.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:38 AM »

Ours definitely accept from other insurers, I did ask about this when I took Alfie back for his post-op appointment and was told that had I been unable to pay or asked at the time they would have been happy to be paid directly from the insurers. He went as far as to say they'd done this with Argos before and had had no problems.

Just wish I'd had the foresight to ask before I paid!  :doh: Still, hopefully it'll be sorted quickly...

I work in a vets and we don't do direct claims - I asked why, and was told it is because quite often the insurance companies find so many ways to get out of paying for certain things, so the vets never get their money back, so we now always have to get payment from the owners first, and then send in their forms for them to get their insurance claim back.

We do sometimes work something out for people who have a huge, unexpected bill, such as a broken leg that needs a big op, or similar, as they obviously aren't prepared for it.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge