Author Topic: Concerns about Chester  (Read 660 times)

Offline bessymate4eva

Concerns about Chester
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:23 PM »
So Chester had some bloods done as he has been lethargic recently and not eating properly. So the vet rang us today and said the results came back and something has come up with his liver. Today he hasn't touched his food although is taking treats it worries me. We are getting his urine checked too so the vet is going to get back to us on that. The vet said he will need more tests done like one for liver function. Am I just worrying like crazy over nothing 😅 😢

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Concerns about Chester
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
So Chester had some bloods done as he has been lethargic recently and not eating properly. So the vet rang us today and said the results came back and something has come up with his liver. Today he hasn't touched his food although is taking treats it worries me. We are getting his urine checked too so the vet is going to get back to us on that. The vet said he will need more tests done like one for liver function. Am I just worrying like crazy over nothing 😅 😢

I know its easily said but try not to worry too much until the results are in and the vet can explain to you what, if anything, is wrong. The vet is really the only one who can offer you the reassurance that you need and tell you if you should be worrying or not so don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you want, -that‘s what you‘re paying him for after all!  ;). I do hope the results are good and that Chester will be back to normal very soon! Best od luck!  ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:22:17 PM »
Sorry to read Chester is not well, must be very worrying for you, but could explain some of his behaviour if he is in pain.

Hoping the vet can reassure you :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bessymate4eva

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »
Sorry to read Chester is not well, must be very worrying for you, but could explain some of his behaviour if he is in pain.

Thankyou Mudmagnets  :luv: his urine has come back fine so that's good and the vet said to book him in for a liver function test at some point next week. He just seems awfully tired and isn't eating properly like he was and seems to be drinking a lot. Hopefully it is something that is easily sorted but will have to wait and see. Vet did say if there is a problem with his liver obviously we don't know for certain yet but it could explain his behaviour guarding objects. Strangely yesterday he didn't guard anything at all which was a shock as his behaviour has been so difficult day to day with him guarding a number of different things maybe it's all the attention he's getting  :lol:.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »

Thankyou Mudmagnets  :luv: his urine has come back fine so that's good and the vet said to book him in for a liver function test at some point next week. He just seems awfully tired and isn't eating properly like he was and seems to be drinking a lot. Hopefully it is something that is easily sorted but will have to wait and see. Vet did say if there is a problem with his liver obviously we don't know for certain yet but it could explain his behaviour guarding objects. Strangely yesterday he didn't guard anything at all which was a shock as his behaviour has been so difficult day to day with him guarding a number of different things maybe it's all the attention he's getting  :lol:.

Wonder if he is depressed and worried by all what is going on, so has no appetite? 
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.