Author Topic: Foot fungus on cooker  (Read 933 times)

Offline annG

Foot fungus on cooker
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »
Please advise Jaffa age 9,  come back from groomer ,she told me he has a foot fungus..what is the best treatment..?
:)
JAFFA!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Re: Foot fungus on cooker
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:02:13 PM »
Well, your groomer isn't a vet, so can you tell us what it looks like, there are people here with experience.  It may be a yeast infection. Does it smell?  Is the skin broken?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline annG

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:34 PM »
Yes had My vet have a look he agreed and gave me a wash for it...
 We shall see...Is a yeast infection not a fungus infection?
JAFFA!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
Stupid me., yes it is!    I never think of that when I load the bread machine !  I hope the vets treatment clears it up.   Some people on here use diluted cider vinegar for dipping the paw.  Also for wiping yeasty ears.  The infection really smells..
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »
Those medicated shampoos from the vet usually clear up yeast infections effectively :) My girl got a yeast infection on her paws two years ago, and she was starting to show signs of it again this fall. Red and itchy, poor thing. Treatment worked well, just followed the instructions for how often to use it and gave it time to work before rinsing every time :) Keeping the fur short on the paws and drying them quickly after walks in the rain helps prevent this isssue. Same as ears, furry cocker feet are prone to yeast infections, especially when it's wet outside.

Offline annG

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help.

The vet gave a wash for his paws and it is working fantastically.
JAFFA!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
I have had malasseb for treating mine
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!