Author Topic: Enlarged testis  (Read 704 times)

Offline siam

• Site Member
Enlarged testis
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »
Alfie had an undescended testicle which finally appeared when he was about 1yr old so we were relieved that he didn't have to have it removed. He will be 9yrs old in September and when I took him for his annual booster and checkup in April the vet said that the 'undescended' testis was now bigger than the other one, whereas it had always been the smaller one. Today he was back having his testis checked and the vet syas it has grown more and has recommended a full castration when the problem one will be sent away to histology. It's a no brainer doing a wait and see as it could then be too late, but I wondered if any other COL's have had a late castration out of necessity and if it's affected their cockers in any way? Alfie has such a delightful outgoing personality I'm hoping the op won't cause him to notably change.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Enlarged testis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »
Sorry I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I hope everything goes well for Alfie.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
yes, Jarvis got neutered at 11 years old because of prostate issues.  No problems at all :)
helen & jarvis x

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Thanks for this, that's reassuring to hear.