Author Topic: Histology results  (Read 748 times)

Offline siam

• Site Member
Histology results
« on: June 13, 2018, 03:12:48 PM »
Alfie came though the op to remove his testicles OK last week although he had to stop taking Apoquel for his skin allergies for a few days due to the anaesthetic, so between that and the itch with his hair growing back in he was a bit frantic at times when he couldn't reach the bits because of his cone. The vet phoned today with the results from histology which showed he had testicular seminoma in both testicles so I'm so glad we made the decision to have them removed sooner rather than later. It's not good news but the vet has reassured me that this is one of the most curable cancers and hopefully the op will have removed everything nasty. She said he will have to be monitored closely from now on.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Histology results
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
Alfie came though the op to remove his testicles OK last week although he had to stop taking Apoquel for his skin allergies for a few days due to the anaesthetic, so between that and the itch with his hair growing back in he was a bit frantic at times when he couldn't reach the bits because of his cone. The vet phoned today with the results from histology which showed he had testicular seminoma in both testicles so I'm so glad we made the decision to have them removed sooner rather than later. It's not good news but the vet has reassured me that this is one of the most curable cancers and hopefully the op will have removed everything nasty. She said he will have to be monitored closely from now on.

:bigarmhug: to poor Alfie.! Hope he‘s feeling more comfortable soon and that the op has cured the problem.  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:59:36 PM »
Poor itchy boy  :luv: I hope he is feeling better and that the op has been a success. Xx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »
Ahh bless - sending two big hugs for you both  :bigarmhug:  :bigarmhug:

Good to know the vet is taking such good care of your boy.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed