Author Topic: Eating rabbit droppings!  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Goink

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« on: April 17, 2003, 02:30:28 PM »
Hi

Can anyone advise how harmful (as I'm sure it isn't good for him!) eating rabbit droppings is?  Barney, is a real scavenger for any food at all lying on the ground and certainly regards rabbit poo as tasty scoff!  Obviously, without putting a muzzle on him (perish the thought) it's a bit difficult to always stop - so just wondering if it's dangerous ?

Thanks for your advice.
Lynne                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 03:21:07 PM »
Don't think it's dangerous - our bunch have always found rabbit doo-doos to be a tasty mid-walk snack & I've never noticed any ill effects so far :) It seems to be normal doggy behaviour even though we might find it pretty hard to understand ;D                    
Jane

Offline Christine

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:23:54 PM »
Jasper does this all the time with our rabbit :P  I havnt noticed any side effects either                    
Jaspers mummy :)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 06:04:20 PM »
I'm not sure Jimmy has discovered the delights of rabbit poo yet........he did used to be partial to a bit of duck poo though and he seems to view horse poo as a particularly tasty delicacy ! It's always funny to hear the approving "aahs" from strangers turn to revolted "yeurchs" when they do this...... ;D Suddenly people seem less keen to want to have a stroke and be licked ! ;D                    

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 06:11:41 PM »
Suddenly people seem less keen to want to have a stroke and be licked ! ;D

a line I am forever using with the kids......
"DO NOT let monty lick your face.......he eats POO!" - and yep......I am NOT lying! ::) - he particularly likes duck poo as well...perhaps it tastes fishy :-X :-X :-X                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 06:16:12 PM »
Vegas and Dallas eat the chinchilla pellets(this is quite handy cos they tend to throw it out of their cage quite a lot >:() which is very similar to rabbit poo. Who needs a hoover with those two about ;)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 06:42:29 PM »
Chinchilla pellets do sound quite exotic though, I must admit ! ;D

Maybe there's a gap in the market for various poo flavoured dog foods............ ;D There would be no more picky eating in this household!                    

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 06:55:54 PM »

Maybe there's a gap in the market for various poo flavoured dog foods............ ;D

yeah  - PEDIGREE BUM! ;D                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 07:00:13 PM »
Served with Pooalot mixer ! ;D                    

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »
If I forget to close the door to the rabbit, Alfie is in like a shot and is eating the poo :o He now thinks it's a game to see if he can get in there without me seeing. The rabbit is in a shed rather than a hutch in case you had visions of him climbing up into one ;D                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2003, 10:41:49 PM »
This is all very interesting.  I've thought of a great money saving idea :D.  Have told Morgan that when the current bag of Beta runs out we're not getting any more - we're going down the pet shop for a rabbit  ;D!!!.  

I've stopped taking Morgan round the harbour 'cos there's only about 2 inches between each seagull dropping and he has to stop and taste every one  :P  :P  :P Yuck!!

One of Morgan's disgusting habits that really makes me laugh is when he farts and turns round to sniff his own backside.  Then he looks up with a confused expression as if to say "I know where it came from now, but WHAT WAS IT!!!  ;D  ;D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Sooty

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 01:15:39 AM »
LOL ... I'm just the same!!!  ??? :o ???                    

Offline Tara

• Site Member
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 01:45:30 AM »
Glad to hear my dog isn't the only one who does this! Elvira just goes crazy for Rabbit poo. I haven't ever seen Tanner try to eat it but I guess every dog is different!                    

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 08:43:56 AM »
Now I don't feel half so bad about Chloe and her cat poo fetish ;D ;D                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Eating rabbit droppings!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2003, 09:44:10 AM »

One of Morgan's disgusting habits that really makes me laugh is when he farts and turns round to sniff his own backside.  Then he looks up with a confused expression as if to say "I know where it came from now, but WHAT WAS IT!!!  ;D  ;D

LOL....yeh, but does he then leave the room?....Lottie does ::) Just when we're watching something good on tellie she does this and she leaves and we're left to suffer it >:(                    
Mary & Lottie x