Author Topic: smelly ears!  (Read 6663 times)

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
smelly ears!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 12:06:59 PM »
Im not sure if Ive maybe used too much cos I lost the insert that came with the bottle but I vaguely remember reading that I should use the handle of a teaspoon and put a small amount in which I think I did :- But apart from that, big thumbs up from me :D
Hi Gill - Yes you only need a very tiny amount and the way I was shown by a very experienced cocker person was to use a mustard spoon and get a tiny bit on that and make sure the powder goes right inside the ear - then massage the ear gently (they love this bit)!  It is a bit tricky but worth it.  :D Linda                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
smelly ears!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 02:25:24 PM »
Yeah - it does smell abit. On this, Phoebe's ears are clear and we're using the Thornit once a week at the moment but she still is very scratchy around her ears.

She's on JWB and she's always been a bit of an itch pot but could it be anything else? Or is it just her?

What do you think?                    
Anita

Anonymous

smelly ears!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2003, 09:53:47 PM »
Just thought id say that i ordered some Thornit  too !  ;D

It arrived Tuesday morning !!!!

Beano has had very smelly ears and a lot of thick wax !!!! I was doing his ears practically every day !!!!

I put the thornit in on Tuesday afternoon and have noticed results straightaway !!!! ;D

His ears no longer smell and theres no wax this morning !!!!

Thanks for the advice !!!! I can now snuggle him without holding my nose !!!!  :o ;) LOL                    

Anonymous

smelly ears!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2003, 11:22:58 PM »
Glad to hear its working Sam!!

I think I will order some for Indie I use the spaniel ear wipes every day and do her ears with LEO ear cleaner every 10 days and one of them is always still quite waxie and as you said can be pongie!                    

Anonymous

smelly ears!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 11:24:44 AM »
hav never had any for jessie...as she doesn't eally get smelly ears..more a nice smell.. ::) or is that just me???..errm  anyways..I ordered some today, to see what its like with her...  now I have my credit card theres no stopping me...I knew I should never have got one ;)