Author Topic: Kennel Cough ?  (Read 7403 times)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »
Well now I have something real to bother about I've no time for Jimmy and his imaginary ailments.  

maybe you can just pretend Jimmy has it to  ;) ;D                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 07:38:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about poor Misty Colin but I am sure she will be better in no time!  'tis a worry though. ::)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 07:48:21 PM »
Hi Colin, Hope Misty recovers quickly.
You could give her a teaspoon of honey a couple of times a day, supposed to be soothing. Try the set honey as the runny honey can be a bit of a nightmare :o Cocker ears and honey don`t mix ;D
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 08:14:42 PM »
poor little Misty - Jimmy will probably tremble even more now Colin to try and get more attention off you!  ;D ;) ;D
Seriously though I hope she gets better soon  :-*                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous

Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2003, 08:24:28 PM »
Awww poor Misty :(  Hope she is feeling better soon, Indie sends her a big doggie kiss and hug, and to Jimmy too just in case he feels left out :D  I'm sure Misty will be back to normal soon :)  and OIY put that bl**** book away!!!! ;)

From another worry wart, take my advise sometimes too much information is a bad thing ;), hmmmm I remember reading all those darn pregnancy books, when I was already 6 months gone ::) and there is no turning back, wishing I would have read them before I decided to have a baby.  But if I had have done, I would be childless now, and that just doesnt bear thinking about :-  So basically, me is saying in a round the houses way, information books often tell you worse case scenarios, so put it away in that draw that you can't open properly cos its full of stuff and leave it there for a while ;) ;D

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2003, 10:10:54 AM »
Just to say that the worst of Misty's coughing stopped late yesterday afternoon, she just does it now when excited or after running about being daft with Jimmy.  ::)To be honest I feel a bit of a fraud taking all this sympathy on Misty's bahalf as you'd never guess she was ill at all, she's a feisty little lady. ;D But thanks. :) At least I'll know better next time not to get fleeced at the vets yet again.......honey and garlic sound so much healthier than something called Ronaxan.

By the way, the vet claimed that kennel cough can be sent airborne upto 50m by a 25 kg dog. :o Not sure how exactly they figure such things out, but it suggests a dog doesn't really need close contact to catch the illness.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2003, 10:19:45 AM »
By the way, the vet claimed that kennel cough can be sent airborne upto 50m by a 25 kg dog.  Not sure how exactly they figure such things out, but it suggests a dog doesn't really need close contact to catch the illness.

I can just see Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo  ;) ;D

Glad she's feeling better anyway, i reckon you should chuck your doglapedia Colin, whats on the next page or dare I ask  ;D                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2003, 10:29:18 AM »
i reckon you should chuck your doglapedia Colin, whats on the next page or dare I ask  ;D

Page 140 Kennel Cough
Page 141........Rabies ! :o  (Have checked both dogs for the symptoms, AOK so far, will keep you posted ;) )

I'm not going to chuck the Doglopaedia just yet, it is a good book.... just lethal in the wrong hands. ::) Maybe I should donate my well-thumbed copy to your book club, pass the curse onto someone else. ;D                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2003, 10:36:25 AM »
Maybe I should donate my well-thumbed copy to your book club, pass the curse onto someone else.  

hang on let me think.......NO                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2003, 01:11:07 PM »
I'm not going to chuck the Doglopaedia just yet, it is a good book.... just lethal in the wrong hands. ::) Maybe I should donate my well-thumbed copy to your book club, pass the curse onto someone else. ;D

Me please....I'll have it ;D  Love medical books...even doggie ones ;)

Actually found medical books to be extremely beneficial...infact my nephew was ill for quite a few months and doctors dismissed his sickness as stress related >:(  My medical book unearthed a possible blockage near his kidney and to cut a long story short he was operated on and now has a partially damaged kidney. :(  Undiagnosed for much longer and he would have lost it >:(  It has come in soooooo useful since then too ;)

Glad Mistys almost better now anyway Colin..(bread didn't work then ;) ;D).                    
Mary & Lottie x

Anonymous

Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2003, 02:55:44 AM »
:oOMG Mary, how useful did that book turn out to be for your family :)  Glad you had it!!

Colin,  Maybe you should start the book from Z -  A instead ;)  Glad Misty seems ok ;D

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2003, 08:00:35 AM »
Colin

Hope poor misty is on the mend.  I agree with Jane Antibiotics seems rather a waste of time but I guess the Vet knows best!!

steve                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2003, 11:42:47 AM »
Just when I thought he was safe, Jimmy started with the kennel cough last night, making the weirdest grunty noises.  :(

I've just been to stock up with garlic, fenogreek and honey (forgot  the Benalyn). I was recommended a ridiculously expensive jar of Manuka Honey by a very attractive sale assistant, so attractive in fact that I lapped up everything she said and bought it. ::) Even the hippies in the health food shops are ripping me off now ! ;D

Hopefully his powers of recovery will be as quick as Misty's. :)                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2003, 11:56:14 AM »
aww poor Jimmy,  :( i hope that he feels better soon. Nell sends that handsome fella a big kiss. :-* What is manuka honey?? is it posh stuff??  ;)   iv,e never heard of it.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Kennel Cough ?
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2003, 01:38:48 PM »
maybe you should take Jimmy on down to the health shop Colin - a cuddle and a  :-* from a pretty lady might be just what he needs to make him feel better  ;)  ;) Or you could go back again and ask her what she could recommend for mental stress and worry ... ...  ;)  ;)  ;D  ;D

:-*  :-* from Millie, but she says don't worry Jimmy, I haven't got my bag rags on anymore  ;)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk