Author Topic: Indie poorly too  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:28:46 PM »
Hi all

I am a bit concerned about Indie this evening, she is not herself atall :'(  She is very sleepy and quiet not her normal running round like a looney self ??? She has also been sick once too, I know its bombie night and I have thought maybe the fireworks are unsettling her, but she hasn't been bothered by them all week.  As the kids around here think every night in November is bombie night ::)  

The other thing is she went to the groomers to be handstipped for the very first time, she was away for four hours :- Do you think that could have unsettled her perhaps, I don't know how they go about the stripping, but is it traumatic for the first time??

Any advise appreciated :)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Indie poorly too
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:34:05 PM »
Hiya Emma,

I think you could have a good point about her being at the groomers for 4 hours  :o which is quite a long time for a little girlie  :- so maybe she is just really tired. Hopefully she'll pick up by the morning...that is if she doesn't have any nightmares about the dreaded plucking  :o ;)
Before and After Pics please  :)

Gilly                    

Offline Louise

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:35:39 PM »
Whenever Jazzy goes to be handstripped she's always really tired when she comes comes back, she curls up on the sofa and you can't get any sense from her.  I'm not sure if it's the handstripping as I leave her there all day and the groomer does her in a few short sessions or if it's running riot with all the other cockers!

Hope she's back to her normal self soon  :)                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 09:40:31 PM »
Thanx Gilly and Louise!  Yeah 4 hours  :o  I was pacing the floor at home, its a good job we are getting wooden floor down as I think I have worn a track in the carpet ::)  I feel soooo terrible now for putting her through that :(  I will try and get the piccies done tomorrow don't think she is much in the mood for the flash tonite ;)  The poor girl, I do feel a very nasty mum now :'(  Maybe I can try and keep on top of it now myself, now I have something to follow!  She looks great though, all grown up and de-fluffed :o 8)  

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 09:52:22 PM »
Hi Em,
Ta for the advice about Jess.  Sorry to hear your little girl is poorly an all :(  Hope she's better tomorrow.  Sounds like she's had a really long day.

lots of hugs from Linda and Jess                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 10:11:46 PM »
emma indie has had a very long and tiring day for a young pup.   :-  And after seeing her earlier on, i dont think you have much to worry about.    :)  She was also very thirsty,   :P    and i think maybe she had drunk too much water. she will be back to normal tomorrow. ;) dont forget that lil girl has had a very hectic day.!!!                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Indie poorly too
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 11:50:30 PM »
Yes it sounds like Indie is just a bit tired ;) To be fair, she won't have necessarily been worked on for 4 hours at the groomers - I will always book a puppy in for much longer than I need so I can let the pup have little breaks so they don't get too bored. But just being somewhere different can be tiring for a pup - I'm sure Indie will be fine after a good night's sleep :)                    
Jane

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 10:17:51 AM »
Hi all

:DIndie is much much better this morning ;D  We have been up on the fields doing some heel work and then shes been tearing around mums garden ;)  I think you were all right she was just exhausted!  Jane I think you are right they never worked on her for 4 hours, phewwww ::)  She has never been away from home before, so probably just an upsetting day for her ;)

I am such a worrier ::)  Could hardly sleep last nite ???

Thanx for the replies and the reassurance :)
Emma and Indie                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Indie poorly too
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 06:10:04 PM »
Hi Emma

Just catching up after my break and am pleased to hear that little Indie is back to her old self again :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Indie poorly too
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 10:47:14 PM »
Just caught up on this....glad Indie is back to her normal self today ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Indie poorly too
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 06:55:29 PM »
Hi Emma,

Just wanted to say I'm pleased that Indie is back to normal  :D  I bet she looks lovely now she's been stripped  ;)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Indie poorly too
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 07:07:32 PM »
Aaw = poor Indie and poor you - glad she's back to her normal self. Off to look at the piccy/ies too ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline T

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 11:43:58 PM »
Just caught this....glad Indie is back to normal self.                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie poorly too
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2003, 12:02:58 AM »
;DThanx everyone, your replies are appreciated :D

Linda, Indie does look faberooney  ;D   The only thing I am not so keen on is her feet ::) she had really feathery, fluffy feet and they now "pet style" was a bit shocked :o  I prefer them the other way even though its more work, after walkies etc

I am doing my best to get photies done everyone, so far I have only managed a side view with her head chopped off ::) I am noo photographer  :-  plus she is not very good at keeping still, ickle rascall that she is ;)

Emma and Indie