Author Topic: Wilf's no longer got a lump!  (Read 5111 times)

Offline PennyB

Wilf's no longer got a lump!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 11:34:52 PM »
Its wonderful how this internet thing works as I'm getting a lift part way home courtesy of someone from the dogpages forum (I haven't driven for ages and don't have a car and am desparate to avoid London)!

Thanks for everyones good luck and best wishes                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 07:15:47 AM »
Glad to hear Wilf is coming home day.
Hope You have a good journey.
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 09:02:25 AM »
am desparate to avoid London)!

it's not that bad really Penny - and some of the people are very nice  ;D

glad to hear Wilf seems to be making a good recovery, how relieved you must feel!  ;)                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 09:58:00 AM »
am desparate to avoid London)!

it's not that bad really Penny - and some of the people are very nice  ;D

Yes it is - and no, they are not. ;D

Glad to hear little Wilf is on the mend and on the way home. 8) Poor thing must be wondering what on earth has been going on.                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 10:05:54 AM »
So glad to hear that he's recovering well. Hope you have a good journey. Give him a hug from me.                    
Anita

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 11:15:10 AM »
awww well done wilf!!! :D Have a safe journey home. And make the most of being spoilt.    ;)    You brave boy.  :-*                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 06:50:03 PM »
Hi Penny,
Glad you've got Wilfy back now and he is doing alright.  You must be tired out after the journey. All the best and give Wilf a big hug from me please  :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 07:10:40 PM »
aaaw - hope you got home OK and that you were not too upset when you saw him with all his war wounds - it can be a bit of a shock for some.

Big hugs from me and mine :)                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline PennyB

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 09:12:28 PM »
Am absolutely knackered so hopefully I can string a sentence or 2 together.

Train journey was as expected quite comfortable as Wilf just slept on my knee most of the way with the odd oooh's and rrr's from some of the passengers.

Got off the local train close to my home and as I pass the vet surgery popped in to say hello to the vet nurses Sue and Helen there who are lovely and wanted an update anyway. Wilf's got oedema now round where the lymph node was taken away which was expected, but Helen could at least have a look for my peace of mind (and just generally give him a cuddle). Have to keep an eye on the odema as it may need a drain putting in later if it gets worse.

He's on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and cage rest only for the next 7 days or so complete with lampshade that Ruby keeps barking at. Thank goodness for the crate. Helen suggested I try to take the collar off occasionally, but he rubs his ear around the floor if I do, so that's back on for now.

He's still well in himself, which means bouncy. When the surgeon who did the op eventually brought him out (after telling me he has to keep as still as possible), Wilf started doing somersauls all over the place at the delight of seeing me and his new freedom.

They've sent the ear and lymph node for tests (back in a week) and we've got to go back in 4 weeks time.

He's not out of the woods yet so its still fingers crossed.

What a day though. First I overslept—taxi due at 5.10 a.m. and I woke up at 5  I have never got ready so fast in my life. Got to station to find out fare on a Friday is £130 return, and another  Train an hour late then got clogged up in London. Sigh of relief when I got on London to Cambridge train and I left my fleece there with my house keys in it—train now well on way to Kings Lyn with a lonely fleece on board.

Thankfully journey home was uneventful thanks to Rachel kindly giving me a lift to Slough.

I get home find a neighbour who has a spare set of keys, let myself in and phone my mum up to update her and all the while there's a strange noise coming from the upstairs landing yet the cats are both now sitting with me. OMG, there's a magpie dangling off the lampshade (the upstairs one not Wilf's) and apart from his not wanting to go near my cats he's more than happy to try to eat the lampshade. Now I'm not a real fan of big wild birds residing in my house. So I ring the vet nurse Sue down the road for any nos of anyone to help get him out the house or whatever. Wildlife people can't come for hours and then Sue offers to help once she's finished her stint at the vets. Once finished she turns up with the vet in tow to catch this thing that's now roosting happily above my computer. Vet manages to catch bird, bird OK so he lets him go (flies off quite well).

I think a glass of wine is in order (Wilf sleeping in his crate now, but its a bit of a strain trying to keeping him and myself sane at the moment), and hopefully there isn't a certain Hitchcock film on tonight!                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 09:25:09 PM »
Oh my life Penny :o What a day well couple of weeks you have had ::)  I think you deserve the whole bottle of wine, never mind a glass ;)

You take it easy now and give your self a bit of time to recover too :)

Shocked about the magpie :o  Hope it hasn't nicked your spare house key ;)

bless ya both!  Hugs to the little fella and to Ruby who is obviousley wondering what on earth Wilf is doing with a lampshade on :-

Emma and Indie xxxx                    

Offline shaendix

• Site Member
    • espanielcockerspaniels.co.nz
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 09:39:21 PM »
Hi Penny - so pleased to hear that Wilf is finally home - you must be absolutely exhausted!!  I hope you can both get some well deserved rest after the London expedition!  Fingers and paws crossed that the biopsy results are OK. Best wishes Sheree                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2003, 09:00:15 AM »
Penny - that experience of yours is incredible. If the TV bods put that on TV everyone would go - nah not real.

You must be exhausted. I don't know about a glass of wine - I think a bottle was called for - but then one glass would prob be all you needed to knock you out after that lot. ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2003, 09:46:06 AM »
Hi Penny, what a day!! you must be well and truly knackered!!! ::)  i hope young wilf is feeling a bit better this morning, and you had a good nights rest. I think you both deserve a big   ((( hug )))                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2003, 09:50:47 AM »
Blimey, Penny, that was some day you had yesterday ! :o I trust you treated yourself to a nice lie in this morning. ;)

Glad to hear Wilf is back home and coping well with his ordeal. :) I dread having to use one of those lampshade things on Jimmy, I don't think he'd be very tolerant of it at all.                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2003, 09:55:42 AM »
While Mr Buckethead still has his lampshade on I doubt if I'll get any more lie-ins for now (especially as I have to also keep him crated), but at least the bottle of 'Laid Back Ruby' (wine) came in handy. Mind you Ruby the cocker is anything but laid back at the moment. ;D                    
Friends of Hailey Park