Author Topic: Jess and the raging trots!!!  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Jess and the raging trots!!!
« on: November 10, 2003, 09:20:49 PM »
Hi, all,

I cooked a roast chicken yesterday and because Jess was such a good girl, I gave her some of the breast meat, I did break it up into very small pieces, however when I got up this morning, she had  had 4 nasty runny p**s :( :(.  I didn't know what to think ???  Anyway, i let her out and she did more but this time ( sorry for the detail here )  It was very runny and in fact just a pool of mucous and a dot of blood. :o :o

I have fed her today on boiled chicken and plain white rice with a spoonful of bio yoghurt.  She has been o.k. in herself, still playful etc.

Do you guys think it was the chicken that did this cos she hasn't been out yet and hasn't eaten anything different except that!!!

It will be her first proper walk tomorrow,but I'm a bit worried about taking her now. ???

How long should I feed her plain boiled chicken and rice ???

I hope she's not allergic to chicken or I will need a hosepipe to tackle the kitchen in the morning ;D ;D :D

Linda                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 11:07:21 PM »
:- Morgan gets terrible dodgy stomachs from roast chicken, too.  It took me a while to work out that that's what was causing it.  Woke up one morning to about 20 puddles of poo (euchh!)  I only give him boiled now and even then it's very occasionally - we try to stick to the dried food - unless desperately trying to get him to eat  ::)

Wasn't it just Thursday that Jess had her final jab?  I'm sure I had to keep Morgan in for nearly two weeks after he was finished the course of injections -  Mind you, I think it might depend on which brand of jab was given.

Anyway, hope Jess is okay.  Have fun tomorrow - don't expect to get far though as you'll be stopped every five minutes by people wanting to cuddle her  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 09:25:23 AM »
Hi, Shirley,
My vet said I could take her out five days after the last jab, so I will let you all know how we get on. ;D                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 09:58:01 AM »
Hi Linda

How is Jess today?  I also kept Indie in for two weeks after her final jab ::)  As Shirley says maybe its a different brand.  Could well be the chicken if Indie has rooast chicken she throws it back up :-X  Or just a thought has Jess recently been wormed? Maybe its that??

Good luck

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 01:41:35 PM »
Hi Emma,

Jess is fine today 8)  Back to normal.  Won't be giving roast chicken again thats for sure :o :o

I;m sure it was this cos she was wormed 2 wks ago.  Jess, as you know has quite a sensitive digestion anyway so no more treats for a while :( :(

TTFN                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 03:20:42 PM »
Sounds like it was the chicken. I'm always surprised how many dogs seem to have problems with chicken ::) Hope the first small walks go well.                    
Anita