Author Topic: Wilf's progress  (Read 2680 times)

Offline PennyB

Wilf's progress
« on: November 11, 2003, 11:30:26 AM »
Nursemaiding a puppy who thinks he's well enough to go on the rampage is hard work. Wilf is still confined to his crate and having to wear that lampshade. Poor thing now also has an inner ear infection and razor rash on his chest and shoulder—ouch. The area where he had the lymph node taken out is still quite swollen.

I've now got a cold so am feeling sorry for myself as well. Not helped by poopies wanting to go out for a pee at 4 in the morning, which in Wilf's case entails taking him for a walk down the street. Am not sure what the neighbours think of this solitary figure and what looks like a headless dog pushing a bucket along the street (all I can say its very noisy with that thing clattering along the ground at the time in the morning)—he's a spaniel so he does what a spaniel does and superglues his nose to the ground  

Should get more test results back towards the end of the week, and still we won't know exactly what's going on.

All I can say is thank goodness for pigs ears, kongs and cheap plonk from the Coop.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Wilf's progress
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 01:52:24 PM »

All I can say is thank goodness for pigs ears, kongs and cheap plonk from the Coop.

LOL.....oh dear, gotta laugh to keep sane hey Penny?  You're amazing, there is no way on this earth that I would go walking Lottie at 4 in the morning :o, it would be a case of 'here's the doorstep, do whatever there' ;)...but then I suppose you're inclined to make special allowances for Wilf :-*

Fingers crossed for some positive news from the results :)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline PennyB

Wilf's progress
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 01:57:44 PM »
Fraid so. Normally they get chucked out the back door into the yard, but as Wilf's being confined he always wants to play in the yard and not do anything he should be doing (there's so many things he hasn't been able to do in the past 2 weeks that he forgets he should actually just be pooing/weeing when he goes into the yard) :D                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Wilf's progress
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 02:53:10 PM »
poor chap ;D Not surprised you've succumbed to a cold though. You must be exhausted.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Wilf's progress
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 03:02:44 PM »
Aww poor you & poor Wilf :( I think you have definitely earned those bottles of Co-op plonk ;) Have you seen those softer alternatives to the plastic lampshades by the way? Canine Chemists (http://www.hyperdrug.com/store/default.asp) have them on sale. Not sure how effective they are but one might be worth considering for your nocturnal trips down the street :)

PS Just checked & that website isn't working properly at the moment, sorry.                    
Jane

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Wilf's progress
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 03:18:31 PM »
You know, we'll do anything for them when they're not well - but walks at 4 in the morning ::) Its good to hear he's ok after the op though. Just keep the wine stocks high and you'll be fine :)                    
Anita

Offline PennyB

Wilf's progress
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 12:12:57 PM »
Wilf's still boucing and wounds healing up nicely according to vet (who I saw today). His ear infection is clearing up wll as well, but of course the steroids in the drops are slowing down the surgical wound healing (can't win can you). Stitches out during next week but have to keep collar on for a couple of days after that.

He's still in his crate as he doesn't appear to have any brakes when he's out of it. I know its a catch 22 sort of thing but I'd rather he was fully healed before he starts charging all over the place (and I know he's on a mission today to dig up the garden in the pouring rain! ;D).                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Wilf's progress
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 09:35:54 AM »
That's good news Penny - he'll soon be digging up your garden before you know it ;D                    
Jane

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Wilf's progress
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 07:14:58 PM »
Hi Penny - I'm pleased to hear that Wilf is getting on alright and on the mend.  Hope your cold is improved too. ;)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline PennyB

Wilf's progress
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 12:29:16 PM »
Well the stitches in his ear have come out (basically they removed a chunk off his ear which when the fur grows back you'll hardly notice) but vet has decided to leave the lymph node stitches until Friday. Poor vet thought I was going to die there and then on his surgery floor this morning as I was coughing so much!

So the bucket is going to stay on Wilf's head for another week at least but at least he's allowed out of the crate more and more now.                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Wilf's progress
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2003, 12:40:16 PM »
Sorry to have caught this so late Penny, glad to hear that Wilfs making good progress and with your TLC he's a lucky little boy  ;)

Gilly